Built Application Takes 2 min to load with LV2009

I was running my program in 8.6.1. Since I had to make some changes to the program (minor adjustments) I figured I would switch it over to 2009.

Now it is taking 2 minutes to load the exe and some of the Xcontrol updates are not working as they did in 8.61. My load time in 8.6.1 was under 15 seconds. The odd thing is that it takes the same amount of time each time to load, so I am thinking there is some timeout that is expiring. But I cannot find where there is a timeout in my code.

By taking 2 min to load, I mean once you click on the icon, you can see the "icon window" pop-up in the Windows bar at the bottom of the screen, but the program is not visible, then after 2 minutes, it will appear as it should.

I did a uninstall of all NI software of the deployment machine, and then installed LV9.0.1 runtime and daqmx software.

I ran the NI spy software and there was nothing happening until the 2 min mark, and then it recorded my start DAQ tasks, which I have in my initialize sequence.

I also went through and disabled all of my initialize states, sent it straight to a wait state, and it took the same load time.

If you run the exe on the development computer, it will load up in the normal 15 second time frame.

Any thoughts on what could be causing it?

• 2 months later...

I have narrowed it down to the .NET picture control that I had in the new program. Even though I disabled all the code related to it, I still have the .net control on my front panel, and this caused the slowdown. When I removed the .net control itself, load time was back to normal.

I have seen this too in some cases, and I think it is related to .NET certificate checking. What I think is happening is that since there is a .NET component, the .NET runtime is attempting to check for an application certificate. I haven't tried to isolate it as such, but I suspect the problem occurs on computers that have a network connection but not one that can access whatever cert server .NET wants, so it tries a few times, times out on all attempts, and gives up.

-Does the app load with the delay every time? It might not try on every run, so watch out for false negatives.

-Does network/internet connectivity make a difference?