Not showing a front panel

I've written a small tool and located in the Tools-menu. It is just aligning the lables of the terminals, so there is no need for a front panel to show. However, I always get that flicker when it is called (FP opened automatically and closed programatically after the job is done). How to avoid this?

Felix

I always get that flicker when it is called (FP opened automatically and closed programatically after the job is done). How to avoid this?

Hi,

I have tried to avoid this too but couldn't find out the solution so I've learnt to live with it. :(

If someone knows a way then I'm interested.

Sorry, can't help you.

I've written a small tool and located in the Tools-menu. It is just aligning the lables of the terminals, so there is no need for a front panel to show. However, I always get that flicker when it is called (FP opened automatically and closed programatically after the job is done). How to avoid this?

Felix

You can make it run "Minimized" (Windows Run-Time Position) and you should only see a flicker of your topmost VI while it loses it's "active window" status for the time your Tools-menu VI runs. At least, you won't see the front panel flicker in and out of existence.

The very first call is VI.FrontPanel.Status=Hidden and the very last call is VI.FrontPanel.Open=False.

All I see now is the flicker of the Active VI (BD Open) due to the loss and regain of focus.

Is your try in the code (Your GetCCTSnippet link)?

Felix

It's not in the code, but it didn't work.  I tried again (just to be sure).

Jim