Public And Private Classid Names

The following is a repost (with a bonus) of a post I made on the following developer exchange discussion forum:

Discussion Forums:Where can i find the classID list for Labview 7.0

>Where did you get that from?

I did not get it from anywhere or anybody, I built it.

One way to do that is to put on a Front Panel all the objects you want to get info about then with VI server you can get access to all of them(Open VI Ref->VI:Front Panel->Panel:AllObjects->Forloop->GObject:ClassID and ClassName) and get their CID and Class Name.

The problem with this is that it only work with object you know about; for the others I used another method.

There is a locked VI in LV7.0 that allows dynamic instanciation of controls. The name of the VI is "Get Contorl From Type Descriptor.vi" and it is located in LVRoot\project\_NewProbeWizard.llb\Get Contorl From Type Descriptor.vi. If you look at the type descriptor (of unnamed controls) you will see that the third number in the array is the CID. So it is possible to create a VI that generate all the objects refnums (to get their name, manually change them to a constant). I will caution anyone who wants to play with that VI, you WILL (<-no may, but will) crash labview by generating these refnums (so better save your stuff before hand).

Now for the bonus. This is possible to do the same thing with private class refnums (you can see some of them in LabVIEWroot\vi.lib\Utility\XNodeSupport.llb\XNodeParts.vi)

Since getting these ClassID (between labview crashes) is time consuming, check the attachement for both (public and private) ClassID Name.

Download File:post-29-1080017192.zip