Example - Tcp Server

This is an example of using OpenGOOP to manage TCP client connection handlers which are spawed dynamically. Essentially you register a callback VI that will be run each time a client connects to the port that you have registered for. And, if your callback is reentrant, then you can handle multiple client connections!

More info and download:

EXAMPLE - TCP Server page at OpenG.org

Enjoy,

-Jim

How long has that "prepare for reentrant execution" option been there? i.e. how long have I needlessly been messing around with VI templates? :)

I wouldn't say that using templates is needless. I hope NI leaves the usage of templates the way they are. I like them. One major benefit of using templates is you can debug your code while it's running. Reentrant VI's have annoying limitations. You cannot probe data on wires and you cannot view the front panel data.

I wouldn't say that using templates is needless. I hope NI leaves the usage of templates the way they are. I like them. One major benefit of using templates is you can debug your code while it's running. Reentrant VI's have annoying limitations. You cannot probe data on wires and you cannot view the front panel data.

Has anyone benchmarked the performance difference between instanciating a VIT vs. a reentrant VI?

• 11 months later...
  • 10 months later...