New Labview is very slow to save programs

lecroy

I have noticed a major increase in the time it takes to save a VI with the new versions of Labview. If I make no changes to the pannel and just select save, times can be in the order of 20 seconds. I am using 2009 with the latest patches. Load times are also very long now.

Is there some new wizz bang feature that could be turned on that is making run this slow?

Newer PC, 64-bit OS, 8 Gig of RAM.

I have noticed a major increase in the time it takes to save a VI with the new versions of Labview. If I make no changes to the pannel and just select save, times can be in the order of 20 seconds. I am using 2009 with the latest patches. Load times are also very long now.

Just for the heck of it... if you're running on a network, try disconnecting it (pull the cable). In the past I've had some issues with LV searching for non-existent links out on the network and slowing down load times.

I had made sure there were no non-present mapped drives (non found). Then tried it with the network cable pulled. This appears to have no effect on the same times.

I wondered if it was not sending the whole project to NI on every save as slow as it is.

What ever the problem is, I saw a pretty good hit going to various versions of 8. 9 has made things much worse.

Lots of free disk space on PC.

Some programs that are very small can take much less time to save than a much larger program. I have one small program that has no graphics and all the arrays are cleared but still takes 10s of seconds to save. The program I am working on now is a huge cluster with several sub panels, graphs, ect. This one will save in 5 seconds or so. Not fast but at least not thinking to get a cup of coffie on every save.

It's strange.

• 2 months later...