Property node for table formatting

Hi,

I am using a property node to format the row and column headers in my tabe and I can't get the CellJustify property to work properly. The help documentation says the input should be an unsigned word Enum and the allowable values are Left, Center and Right. If I set an enum constant to Left then it works fine, if I change the same constant to Center or Right then I get a broken wire with the error "enumeration conflict". Could anyone please tell me why?

Also I have coersion dots on my two ActiveCell inputs to the property node and I don't know why. I have followed the data types set in the help. I notice that the example program provided (linked from the help for the ActiveCell property) also has coersion dots on this input, is this how it should be?

Thanks

post-15022-126477057265_thumb.jpg

I am using a property node to format the row and column headers in my tabe and I can't get the CellJustify property to work properly. The help documentation says the input should be an unsigned word Enum and the allowable values are Left, Center and Right. If I set an enum constant to Left then it works fine, if I change the same constant to Center or Right then I get a broken wire with the error "enumeration conflict". Could anyone please tell me why?

Hi,

Delete the enum you created, place your mouse cursor over the "Justification" property node, right click and select "create > constant", then chose the type of justification you want.

Also I have coersion dots on my two ActiveCell inputs to the property node and I don't know why. I have followed the data types set in the help. I notice that the example program provided (linked from the help for the ActiveCell property) also has coersion dots on this input, is this how it should be?

Same as before, in fact the cluster containing row index and column index is a typedef so if you link a cluster that you create, even if the type is fine you will see the coercion dot. If you create a constant from the property node then that will constant from the typedef and therefore you won't have the red dot.

Hope this helps

As another question on the same theme - I am basically using my table to display a 2D array of strings opened from an external file. If I want to use the row and column headers to simply number the rows and columns is there an immediate way to do this or do I need to create two 1D arrays that contain all of the necessary numbers?

My 2D array of data will vary in size depending on which file is opened so there is not always the same number of rows or columns. I know I can check the dimensions of the array and then create the necessary 1D arrays of numbers using loops but I'm just wondering if there is a more direct way to do it?

Thanks

On a related note. I usually want to make my table's column or row headers bold and centered. Is there an easy way to select all the column headers and then change their text format to bold? You can do that with the cells inside the table but not with the headers. What I usually do is create a property node and index through each cell and change the font properties.

Thanks

On a related note. I usually want to make my table's column or row headers bold and centered. Is there an easy way to select all the column headers and then change their text format to bold? You can do that with the cells inside the table but not with the headers. What I usually do is create a property node and index through each cell and change the font properties.

Thanks

Sorry again.. this also what I do (index through all visible line/colums) to set cell font.

On a side note, you can make this process much faster by setting to 'true' the "Defer Panel Upade" on the front panel that contains the control.

post-7452-126512485649_thumb.png

hope this helps

On a side note, you can make this process much faster by setting to 'true' the "Defer Panel Upade" on the front panel that contains the control.

You can select an entire row or columm directly in one shot. With Defer Panel Updates, you'd get a fast execution and leaner code.

post-10515-126512677928_thumb.png

Active Cell = {-1,-2} selects all column headers.

Active Cell = {-2,-1} selects all row headers.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...