Have to flush queue when recreate a same name queue?

Hi,

I have just run into a case which I don't quite understand. In my program I created multi thread. Each thread will have each own data queue base on the name of the thread (ex: client 0 queue, client 1 queue, ..). The programs let you be able to remove the last thread and recreate a new thread with the same name for example delete client 1 and recreate client 1. So the program will recreate a thread named client 1 with a data queue named "client 1 queue". When I remove a thread, I always release the data queue of that thread.

The issue happens when I recreate the queue, I cannot enqueue, it will have time out, and the queue doesn't work. So I played around with it and finally I tried with flush queue; and it works. Is this a problem with LabVIEW queue? should I flush it before I release a queue or should LabVIEW handle this job? Somehow the memory for the queue is not release if I don't use flush queue. It's just a guess. Hope to receive your idea.

Maybe I will not ask this question because long time ago I always flush queue before release it. This is kind of following what I had learned. Then when I posted a question about queue on Lavag, there was someone asked me why I had to do like that, just release the queue. Now this issue comes up frusty.gif .

Best regards,

Thang Nguyen

Hi,

I have to add some information, I tried to flush the queue before release the queue, but it doesn't work. It works when I flush the queue after recreating it. Still not understand why. Please give me your idea.