Issue Tracking using Microsoft Access

We did something similar here using MS Access. Personally, I hate it. Only one person can be in the database at a time, it is a pain to maintain, and our SCM is constantly having to update the VBA due to new program requirements or general complaints. However, there are no licensing fees (other than your normal MS Office license) and you can tailor it to exactly what you need. As you stated, it is ok for a small organization or group. But we have had many problems with people leaving the data base open and then nobody else can access it.

I was wondering if anyone does issue tracing/Bug Tracking using Microsoft Access?

If you want to do issue tracking, use real issue tracking software. I highly recommend FogBugz (we use it at JKI), although it is a paid product. I've also used Bugzilla, it is free, it was not as easy as FogBugz (for me) but it still worked ok.

If you want to do issue tracking, use real issue tracking software. I highly recommend FogBugz (we use it at JKI), although it is a paid product. I've also used Bugzilla, it is free, it was not as easy as FogBugz (for me) but it still worked ok.

I have looked at Bugzilla and Fogbugz. They look like great products however for a single developer they seem like overkill. If I moved my organization to multiple developers these tools look like the way to go. However for just m,e I want a really simple tool that I can manage easily.

That is what is scaring me off from a tool like Bugzilla and Fogbuz. The management issue :throwpc:. I would be curious to hear anyone's thoughts on my concerns.

Right now what is appealing about access is I can use it in other areas of my business where a database makes sense i.e. customer management and issue tracking. Having separate tools for each of these tasks that I need to learn and manage is scaring me right now.