Stop the Madness!

Cat

I've actually posted a couple LV-related answers to questions so it's time for some fluff. Or a lot of fluff, as the case may be. The current weather forcast has another 1 to 2 FEET of snow heading my way. This is after it snowed wednesday, snowed last weekend, had a freakin' blizzard with 2 FEET of snow in December, snow snow snow snow and more snow.

ARGH!! I'M TIRED OF IT!!

ahem... sorry...

It's not supposed to do that here in the Mid-Atlantic. Winter is supposed to be 40 degrees and raining for 3 months. An occasional 2-4" of snow once or twice in the season. That's it. Once every 5 or 6 years we might have 1 real snow storm, but over and over the whole winter??

Thanks god for Global Warming, or we'd be in real trouble! (that was for you, Paul tongue.gif )

It's not supposed to do that here in the Mid-Atlantic. Winter is supposed to be 40 degrees and raining for 3 months. An occasional 2-4" of snow once or twice in the season. That's it.

And that's what we've had the last few winters - basically one decent snow per year.

I'm with you though - enough is enough.

At least they plowed my neighborhood after yesterday's snow. Usually, they just wait for it to melt...

The current weather forcast has another 1 to 2 FEET of snow heading my way. This is after it snowed wednesday, snowed last weekend, had a freakin' blizzard with 2 FEET of snow in December, snow snow snow snow and more snow.

ARGH!! I'M TIRED OF IT!!

Please please please send some of it this way! We've had a mid-Atlantic winter here and I'm sick of it!

Here's what they're telling us to expect:

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW WITH NEAR-BLIZZARD

CONDITIONS...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 10 AM FRIDAY TO 10 PM EST

SATURDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.

* PRECIPITATION TYPE...HEAVY SNOW.

* ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 16 TO 24 INCHES.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL BEGIN MID-MORNING FRIDAY...AND WILL CONTINUE

THROUGH SATURDAY EVENING. CONDITIONS WILL DETERIORATE RAPIDLY

FRIDAY AFTERNOON...WITH HEAVIEST SNOWFALL OCCURRING BETWEEN

SUNSET FRIDAY TO SUNRISE SATURDAY. THE MOST HAZARDOUS WINTER

WEATHER CONDITIONS WILL OCCUR FRIDAY NIGHT...WHEN THE

COMBINATION OF HEAVY SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL REDUCE

VISIBILITIES TO BELOW ONE-QUARTER MILE...PRODUCING NEAR-BLIZZARD

CONDITIONS.

* TEMPERATURES...HIGHS IN THE LOWER 30S FRIDAY. FRIDAY NIGHT AND

SATURDAY...TEMPERATURES WILL BE IN THE MID 20S.

Please please please send some of it this way! We've had a mid-Atlantic winter here and I'm sick of it!

If I had a nickel for every snow-deprived person who's said that to me, I'd be able to afford a plane ticket to a tropical island right now. smile.gif

Here's what they're telling us to expect:

* ACCUMULATIONS...STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 16 TO 24 INCHES.

5:45 pm EST, Fri., Feb. 5, 2010

* ACCUMULATIONS... WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES... WITH SOME LOCATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 INCHES.

snow snow snow snow snow snow snow........

please, just don't let my internet connection go down...

5:45 pm EST, Fri., Feb. 5, 2010

* ACCUMULATIONS... WIDESPREAD STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATIONS OF 20 TO 30 INCHES... WITH SOME LOCATIONS IN EXCESS OF 30 INCHES.

snow snow snow snow snow snow snow........

please, just don't let my internet connection go down...

Ours didn't really start to stick until mid afternoon. Sticking pretty well now though.

We have one more shoveling to go, and I'm not sure where we'll put the snow.

My community hired a front-end loader to haul it all away.

Well, I think it's over. I'm declaring it over, anyway. Total snow accumulation: 32 inches

Anyone who wishes they had some of it is welcome to drive a snowplow / dumptruck over here and take as much as you want!

My community hired a front-end loader to haul it all away.

Well, I think it's over. I'm declaring it over, anyway. Total snow accumulation: 32 inches

Anyone who wishes they had some of it is welcome to drive a snowplow / dumptruck over here and take as much as you want!

I measured about 25" in our front yard.

Lucky you with the snow removal. We rely on VDOT for our streets. I don't think we'll see a plow for a couple days at least.

I measured about 25" in our front yard.

Lucky you with the snow removal. We rely on VDOT for our streets. I don't think we'll see a plow for a couple days at least.

Our little community (87 townhouses) spent over $12,000 on the last big storm. This one's dumped about 30% more snow on us and it's considerably heavier. I'm not looking forward to the bill...

Neither am I looking forward to the 6-12" forecast for the next storm coming tues/weds. :blink: If I can ever dig out, I'm moving south.

Our little community (87 townhouses) spent over $12,000 on the last big storm. This one's dumped about 30% more snow on us and it's considerably heavier. I'm not looking forward to the bill...

Neither am I looking forward to the 6-12" forecast for the next storm coming tues/weds. :blink: If I can ever dig out, I'm moving south.

I'd like to cancel my subscription to winter please.

I'd like to cancel my subscription to winter please.

I tried canceling my subscription to winter last year but it (just like Maxim) keeps coming after canceling.

I hear we (Michiganders) should be getting some snow tomorrow, some where between 6-10. Added to the snow on the ground now will make it 6-10 total.

I tried canceling my subscription to winter last year but it (just like Maxim) keeps coming after canceling.

I hear we (Michiganders) should be getting some snow tomorrow, some where between 6-10. Added to the snow on the ground now will make it 6-10 total.

The 5+ that they're predicting for us on Tues night and Wednesday would be on top of about 8 inches last weekend, 6 inches last wednesday, and 25 inches this past weekend. Please tell me I don't have to move to Michigan to get away from the snow :blink:

The 5+ that they're predicting for us on Tues night and Wednesday would be on top of about 8 inches last weekend, 6 inches last wednesday, and 25 inches this past weekend. Please tell me I don't have to move to Michigan to get away from the snow :blink:

Fly north for the winter? Just doesn't have the same ring to it. Not sure how I feel about having fudgies (urban dictionary, the first definition not the other two :o) all year round.

Does that also mean Snowbirds are going to be endangered?