Stop the Madness!

Cat

There's a thing here organised by one of my favorite bars (Honest? John's in the Cass Corridor - they have a BLT with 30, count 'em, 30 rashers of bacon)

Okay this may just turn into a bacon thread (it is in the LAVA Lounge right?) Ever been to Tony's in Birch Run. You order a side of and it comes with a pound of it.

Poor quality but it looks huge.

And here's a man enjoying his banana split.

http://www.mlive.com...t_in_birch.html

Anyone else hungry? I mean if you don't have power then you need to eat what's in the fridge right? Can't let it go bad.

We are still having fun after the "Madness".

I thought the adventure was over when my son finally got power back at his place after 7 days. WE still have streets blocked off due to power lines. Yestrday afternoon the roof colapsed on the rink where the local HS hockey team practices. it was an old structure (dating back to the era when iceskating was a cool date) that used laminated wood arches to hold up the roof. Five minutes earlier and there would have been teams on the ice. Unless insurance covers the collpase, I fear that is the last of the Rostraver Ice Center.

Ben

OK, here's a recap of some of the things I experienced this past week:

1. I saw people swimming in an outdoor pool (around 8 AM).
  2. I saw people sunbathing.
  3. I had lunch outside.
  4. I had lunch in a hotel restaurant atop a mountain overlooking the ocean with the sun shining.
  5. I drove about four minutes from where I live and saw the snow on the mountains about 60 miles away.
  6. I walked around in sandals and a short-sleeved shirt.

P.S. Regarding "Snowmaggedon" - I drove by the actual Armaggedon1 a few times this week and there was no snow in sight2 .

1. For those who don't know this, Armaggedon comes from "Har Meggido", which means "Mount Meggido" in Hebrew, and it's about 35 minutes from where I live3.
  2. Not that there would be. The "mountain" is only a few hundred meters in height.
  3. The site is actually by a pretty major crossroads, hence its importance throughout history. There are always people hitchhiking there and I always thought the name "Hitchhiking at Armaggedon" would be a great name for a prog-rock album4.
  4. Don't you just love nested comments5?
  5. Help! How do I stop6?
  6. Aaaaaaaah!

• Like 1

3. I had lunch outside.
  4. I had lunch in a hotel restaurant atop a mountain overlooking the ocean with the sun shining.
  5. I drove about four minutes from where I live and saw the snow on the mountains about 60 miles away.

P.S. Regarding "Snowmaggedon" - I drove by the actual Armaggedon1 a few times this week and there was no snow in sight2 .

1. For those who don't know this, Armaggedon comes from "Har Meggido", which means "Mount Meggido" in Hebrew, and it's about 35 minutes from where I live3.
  2. Not that there would be. The "mountain" is only a few hundred meters in height.
  3. The site is actually by a pretty major crossroads, hence its importance throughout history. There are always people hitchhiking there and I always thought the name "Hitchhiking at Armaggedon" would be a great name for a prog-rock album4.
  5. Help! How do I stop6?
  6. Aaaaaaaah!

Thank Yair!

I had failed to notice my house has stopped smelling like Kerosene. How did you know? shifty.gif

Ben

3. I had lunch outside.

5. Help! How do I stop6?
  6. Aaaaaaaah!

When it's summer I will brag I can walk outside and not melt into a puddle of goo from the heat.

When it's summer I will brag I can walk outside and not melt into a puddle of goo from the heat.

What kind of person brags about how convenient they are when other people have bad weather? blink.gif

Actually, I much prefer the hot weather to the cold. And I live in what is (at least officially) one of the hottest places on Earth - Check out #3 (you may note the ~-200m elevation. This means that in the cold nights of winter it can get close to -10C/15F).

What kind of person brags about how convenient they are when other people have bad weather? blink.gif

Actually, I much prefer the hot weather to the cold. And I live in what is (at least officially) one of the hottest places on Earth - Check out #3 (you may note the ~-200m elevation. This means that in the cold nights of winter it can get close to -10C/15F).

And I am the exact opposite (formative years were spent living in Duluth Minnasota). I generally reply to the

"Well is it cold enough for you?" with the reply,

"Its OK and I prefer this to the summer. In the winter you just put on another layer of clothes. In the summer the are days when you can't take enough off."

Ben

And I am the exact opposite (formative years were spent living in Duluth Minnasota). I generally reply to the

"Well is it cold enough for you?" with the reply,

"Its OK and I prefer this to the summer. In the winter you just put on another layer of clothes. In the summer the are days when you can't take enough off."

Ben

I prefer the cold too. I have always liked right after it snows, so quiet.

Last year we only turned the AC on twice.

Thanks god for Global Warming, or we'd be in real trouble! (that was for you, Paul tongue.gif )

So how's all the climate change workin' out for ya? biggrin.gif Actually, I put little stock in brutal winters when it comes to "climage change". It just might be a brutal winter. I remember winter of 2003 being very mild. My family and I taking a walk in 50 degree weather on Christmas Day. That's unheard of.

And the last two winters here in MI have been brutal. Cold and lots of snow. This winter has been a little cold and very dry. I'm not complaining. Drive one rush hour in the snow with the Motor City nutcases and I think you would understand.

I feel bad for my east coast and midwest friends (You and Ben off the top of my head) and my folks and daughter got hit pretty hard and often down in Ohio for the last couple of weeks. But I've been getting a real kick out of the fact that DC was SHUT DOWN for a week and all those politicians had to deal with all that snow. If DC is shut down they can't do any harm. thumbup1.gif

God has a sense of humor. laugh.gif

• Like 2
And the last two winters here in MI have been brutal. Cold and lots of snow.

Really? I thought last year was quite mild. Can't trust my memeory though...

This winter has been a little cold and very dry.

Can't argue with that! Although I think that if it's going to be cold (like it has in the last month or so) then we should at least have snow angry.gif I'm still waiting for a blizzard...