GOOP and LabVIEW 64bit

Yes I have use it a bit, but your right LabVIEW does hang if any VIs aren't Pre-Compiled.

So to solve this, you hav e to:

1) After installing GDS, move the 3 ini files in the folder: LabVIEW 2009\resource\Framework\Providers\Endevo

2) Make all VIs in this folder Writable (Not Read-Only)

3) Also make sure these folders are also Writable: \project and vi.lib\addons

4) Start LabVIEW and Masscompile all files in these 3 locations.

5) Just to be sure I would open all VIs direct under the folder: LabVIEW 2009\resource\Framework\Providers\Endevo, and verify that they really don't have a * in the title bar.

ANd is so resave all when closing.

6) Quit LabVIEW

7) Move the 3 ini files back and restart LabVIEW

Let me know how it went.

I do have a beta GDS-version, that might work better, let me know if you want to try that one.

//Mikael

If you remove the INI files, LV will not load the GDS in memory.

If GDS should be loaded, all files have to be compiled, if any file needs to be compiled (or LabVIEW thinks it need to be recompiled), LV will crash.

I have only tested it once myself and I got it working at least once, but I'll look into this issue.

Cheers,

Mikael

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I tried downloading the GOOP 4.0 LabVIEW 64 Zip file and windows keeps saying the zip file is empty. Is there an FTP site or some other way to get this?

Works for me. Either its been fixed or you should try a different browser, perhaps. If the file is significantly less than the expected size (44.7MB), open it up in a text editor and see if you're actually getting a 404 or something like that. If it is the right size, try a different archive utility; I'm using 7zip.

Mikael,

I tried downloading the GOOP 4.0 LabVIEW 64 Zip file and windows keeps saying the zip file is empty. Is there an FTP site or some other way to get this?

John

Hi John, and Merry Christmas.

I have the same problem when I'm IE, but I always download larger files using Google Chrome, and that works always.

We're trying to get it working with VIPM, but we still have some issues there.

Cheers,

Mikael