LabVIEW 2010

jgcode

I'd have gotten around to putting the announcement on LAVA, honest.

As an FYI...I put the announcement up on ni.com a week or so before the software will be available for download to give people the opportunity to apply for the beta, gain access to the private message board and read all the cool announcements from the developers about the stuff that's in the upcoming version. Once the software is actually posted for download I put up an announcement on LAVA, inform NI marketing, etc. to bring in additional people.

As a further FYI...we accept almost everyone into the beta. People who will be automatically excluded from participation are:

• People working for known competitors (you really don't want in the beta anyway since it creates a legal nightmare)
  • People who provide obviously false information in the application
  • People to whom the US government will not permit us to export - as a side note to this, the service we use to test this requires that we input western (basically English) characters so if you apply using other characters you will get an email from my assistant requesting that you provide the necessary info in a manner we can use to perform this task. If you give us an unreachable email we will not be able to contact you and you will not be accepted into the beta.

Having said all that...jgcode's post is correct and you can apply for the beta now.

Regards,

Robert

As promised, we have begun posting the beta software. If you've waited for this prior to applying for the beta, now is your time.

Hi Robert

The only (windows) software I can download is the Platform DVD2. Platform DVD1 gives an error and 32bit and 64bit are empty?

Is there any reason for this? - I will try again later tho.

Cheers

JG

<edit>

Seems my Google Chrome can't see the downloads?

IE8 is working tho so I am happy

Cheers

</edit>

Hi Robert

The only (windows) software I can download is the Platform DVD2. Platform DVD1 gives an error and 32bit and 64bit are empty?

Is there any reason for this? - I will try again later tho.

Cheers

JG

<edit>

Seems my Google Chrome can't see the downloads?

IE8 is working tho so I am happy

Cheers

</edit>

I'm unclear on this. Are you saying that IE8 solves all the problems you listed here?

If you are unable to see the 32bit and 64bit files to download, please try reloading your browser window. I find that this usually corrects the issue.

I'm unclear on this. Are you saying that IE8 solves all the problems you listed here?

If you are unable to see the 32bit and 64bit files to download, please try reloading your browser window. I find that this usually corrects the issue.

Sorry, to clarify:

IE8 works, Google Chrome doesn't (and still doesn't)

I was wondering if Google Chrome is not supported for NI FTP?

Or is it just me?

Anyways, I have my software, that's all that matter :)

• 1 month later...

I've got a bit of a problem here. I'm scheduling a meeting with NI R&D for the week of April 12, which is coming up fast, because of a problem I've had with completing a build in LV 2009. The build works perfectly in 8.6.1 and the code works perfectly in LV 2009 as a development environment; however, the build "works" (with a request for a file location) but then the built app says it's "...not a valid Windows resource". In any event it's a real "stump the panel" thing and thus the reason for possibly going down to Austin in about 10 days. Here's my dilemma and a request for some help -- if possible. The suggestion was made to download 2010 beta to see if the build problem "just goes away". I'm happy to do that but was only able to apply for the beta program NOW. I have no URL for the download of 2010 beta and, if things work as expected, I won't have access to it until Monday some time at the earliest, through official channels. That puts a real crimp in the schedule for me as I really need to book tickets, etc IF I'm going to have to go down to Austin.

So here's the request (and apologies for the long story).

Can anyone here give me a URL so that I can download and install the 2010 beta? If I can run a test build with my code and it WORKS!!!! (chorus of angels singing) then I don't have to go down to Austin.

No, don't get me wrong. I really do LOVE Austin -- and I enjoy hanging with the NI crew. I mean who doesn't really LOVE 6th street? But, if I can avoid HAVING to go down there, esp at this time when I've got multiple pending releases, it would REALLY make my life easier.

Back channel me if that's better for you but I really would appreciate getting a way to download, install and then test my code with 2010 beta over the weekend.