Fixed Width Monospace Font

ASTDan

Hello,

I was wondering what fixed width or monospaced font people like to use.

Thanks

Dan

I've never used a fixed width or monospaced font, other than in Notepad where it is Lucida Console 10 point by default. Why would I need a fixed point font? In LabVIEW you can calculate the width of a string based on its font and style, it's been discussed here a couple times.

I've never used a fixed width or monospaced font, other than in Notepad where it is Lucida Console 10 point by default. Why would I need a fixed point font? In LabVIEW you can calculate the width of a string based on its font and style, it's been discussed here a couple times.

Because I have a feature request to fix the size of my sting control to X amount of characters. So I want to have a static string control size but need to be able to enter whatever characters I want. I am thinking a fixed width font would do nicely.

Yeah I have been looking courrier. However it looks like the font from Wargames.

Courier is the old typewriter font as typewriters are always monospace.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Typeface#Monospaced_typefaces

Monaco is a more modern monospace font that is commonly found on Macs.

Lucida Console is another monospace font that is often available on Windows.

I can still hear the voice as I read that. Fast forward (Paraphrasing) >>> "It appears the only winning move is not to play. How about a nice game of chess?"

Ben

Ally Sheedy will always have a special place in my heart.

You can get the girl by knowing something about computers.