LabVIEW 2010 SP1 Available for Download

Jim Kring

I am extremely disappointed with it. The suspend-when-called bug introduced in the initial LV 2009 release is still not fixed in SP1. This bug was noted on LavaG many months ago (see this post) and submitted to NI before the SP1 beta started. I reported it again during the SP1 beta. Months pass, the release is out, and suspend-when-called is still completely broken. You still cannot change control values and it still corrupts the control data when the VI is executed, which means that you cannot run a suspended VI more than once without corrupting your data. It's a ghastly bug.

I am dumbfounded that a data loss issue like this was not considered a blocker for SP1's release.

Here is an example of the suspend-when-called bug corrupting data.

BadBufferReuse(192207).zip

• 1 year later...

You can find it here:

https://lumen.ni.com...t/content.xhtml

Cheers,

Jim,

I am curious how you became aware of this service pack? The date on NI LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1 Development System says 2/17 was the release date and your post was on 2/15.

I have been using the NI Update Service, but it does not seem to catch all of the possible updates listed on ni.com/support. Checking for updates again this morning, I am not prompted for any software updates.

Is there a way to get notified from NI when there are updated drivers/service packs?

Thanks,

Brian

WARNING: If you install LabVIEW 2010 Service Pack 1 without an SSP membership, the new version will not work and you will need to reinstall LabVIEW 2010.

Making customers pay for bug fixes is indefensible. Making a bug fix release that trashes your installation because you haven't paid is just plain boorish. ph34r.gif

• Like 1

If your question is how to get updates, I'm assuming that the update service is supposed to work with the SP as well, although that's just a guess. In the past, NI usually uploaded the updated versions a few days before publishing it, presumably to make sure everything is fine with all the files and pages (although people always seem to find it before they publish it). I'm assuming that the update service simply hasn't been updated with the new version info yet.

[/font]

Making customers pay for bug fixes is indefensible. Making a bug fix release that trashes your installation because you haven't paid is just plain boorish. ph34r.gif

I have made a similar gripe here as even someone with a paid subscription could get stuck if e.g. NI's Activation Site was down (or e.g. local internet connection was down etc...).

Shouldn't the software work under evaluation mode at least? Also, there is offline activation that is possible.

It depend what you are doing.

As per the cross post - you cannot build and deploy any applications.

At the stage of commissioning that we are in, that is a critical requirement.

Also, there is offline activation that is possible.

Each type of activation requires some-sort of connection.

Anyways, if the Activation Server is down for me, I am sure the local AE's are not going to be able to connect either.