HGF Base Class Library

• 3 months later...

The author of those classes gave me a walk through of the system, oh, about two years ago I think. I think it's generally useful stuff, but overkill for small projects.

I guess guess I have to agree. It is designed for future large and scalable, distributed and event-driven control systems like PCS for PHELIX based on the CS-Framework.

There ist a lot of work to be done to make it usefull for real productive applications. For the moment it is still of academic interest. But, we extended the HGF base class library towards this destination. In the past year I supervised a diploma thesis. The result is a functional prototype of LVOOP based Mobile Agents following strictly the dataflow paradigm. Please refer to the thesis for details. Sorry it is written in German. I hope to translate is slowly but surely to English in our wiki.

HGF is an abbreviation for Helmholtz, GSI, FAIR. The sources are published with GNU Public License (GPL).

To be continued...

In case of interest, just eMail me.

Regards Holger

• 4 months later...

Hello

I published a new snapshot of the HGF Base Class Library including a prototype for an Mobile Agent System and examples.

It's published under GPL.

There is also a new publication from the german VIP 2010 and the corresponding talk available.

Regards Holger