TotalFinder rocks!

If you use a mac, I suggest you have a look at TotalFinder it's free and it really rocks!

And if anyone knows about something similar on windows, to enhance the explorer, please let me know :-o

Total Commander supports two panes, and every pane can have numerous tabs. not something like finder but definitely better than any file explorer I have seen.

Total commander is a must have when you want to be serious about your windows computing. It has an extensive list of available plugins.

One of the most used features is the copy selectively, this lets you copy a whole tree to another location with wildcards (*.vi,*.ctl for instance). Another good feature is the built in viewer (F4) that has a hex view mode.

Ton

Other features of Total Commander that I like are that there are keyboard shortcuts for pretty much everything, and there is a portable version available. Once you've purchased it, you can install it on a USB stick and use it anywhere. You'll never have to use Windows Explorer again.

Zipping and unzippping is built in, so no need for Winzip anymore.

Other features of Total Commander that I like are that there are keyboard shortcuts for pretty much everything, and there is a portable version available. Once you've purchased it, you can install it on a USB stick and use it anywhere. You'll never have to use Windows Explorer again.

Zipping and unzippping is built in, so no need for Winzip anymore.

Do you realize that zipping and unzipping has been built into Windows explorer since Windows ME? Not that I'm praising Windows Explorer as being the explorer to use. I know that there are many free, and portable alternatives to windows explorer, but I've never tried any. I do however like some of the new things that Windows 7 does. Nothing revolutionary, I just think it's a good balance of new features and simplicity.