Right-click on Front Panel causes selection rectangle!

I consider myself to be pretty advanced when it comes to searching; I couldn't find a single reference to this however.

Anytime I right-click on the FP, and dismiss the tool menu, I get a selection rectangle. If I don't catch it, moving outside the bounds of the FP will cause the FP to scroll to continue my unwanted "selection". So far this has been repeatable every time.

I am running LabVIEW 8.6.1f1, so I am curious to see whether this exists in LV2009. Also, I don't remember seeing this with previous versions, but it's hard to recall.

What do you all think? (I can't imagine this being expected behavior)

-Ian

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So you are saying you don't have the "f1" fix installed? (To fix the multiple object Properties page bug)

Sorry, yes I have 8.6.1f1 and have no problem with the selection rectangle.

When I ran 2010, it was "straight out of the box" with none of my customizations that I run with 8.6.1f1. Maybe that's the difference? If you don't figure this out, when I get some time I'll drop in all my usual menus and settings into 2010 and see if any of that helps. 2010 has not yet been approved here at work, so I can only run it on my home box.

I have not. I just tried my LV 2009 SP1 and 2010 installs. No such bug. I am on a Mac, so that might be a difference.

Aristos,

Thanks for your input here. I am running Windows XP SP3 on a laptop. I have the OpenG package installed and MGI VIs, but not much else regarding third-party addons. The problem is repeatable every time for me.

Thanks for your input here. I am running Windows XP SP3 on a laptop. I have the OpenG package installed and MGI VIs, but not much else regarding third-party addons. The problem is repeatable every time for me.

There's a program called Jing. There's a free download of the app. It allows you to capture video of your clicks, and it works in Windows XP (there's app for doing this built into Windows 7). Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, I'd suggest downloading Jing and recording the SWF file showing the bug and then posting it on ni.com/forums so that a CAR can be made and tracked as necessary. Jing has been very valuable for recording exact steps to reproduce in a couple of CARs I've worked on lately.

There's a program called Jing. There's a free download of the app. It allows you to capture video of your clicks, and it works in Windows XP (there's app for doing this built into Windows 7). Just to make sure everyone is on the same page, I'd suggest downloading Jing and recording the SWF file showing the bug and then posting it on ni.com/forums so that a CAR can be made and tracked as necessary. Jing has been very valuable for recording exact steps to reproduce in a couple of CARs I've worked on lately.

Aristos,

I recorded a video with Jing. I found out while doing this that if you mouse over the newly displayed context menu (after a right-click), it apparently clears the selection request. If you don't mouseover the context menu, you get the selection rectangle. Also, this only happens on actual context menus, not tool menus.

Thanks,

-Ian

LabVIEW_RightClickBug.swf

UPDATE: Posted at NI.com here: http://forums.ni.com...le/td-p/1232057

Edited by iannicholson