Setting Data Entry Limits

WL1

I have created a Type Def Cluster with two Dbl variables, one I32 variable, and one ENUM. LV refuses to update or even change the limit settings that I specify. It is bad enough that LV will not display the correct values when I click on the variable and go to properties...it ALWAYS displays the values that I entered previously.

I want to set the first variable as min: 0.0, max: 1000.0, inc: 0.1

The second variable as min: 0.0, max: 100.0, inc: 0.1

the third as min: 1, max: 1000, inc: 1

LV is refusing to do this. I can not get the variables to respond correctly while setting the type def. and the variables will not update to the correct initial values on my program after I save and apply changes. I have even gone so far as to replace the control in my program with the revised type def and it will not update the values.

Does anybody have any reasoning and solution for this problem?

Thanks

Wm

Well it isn't obvious to me. Could you post the link?

Thanks,

Ton

Ton

I went to www.ni.com and searched the forums for data entry limits. After reading through similar issues, I found a link to the fix. The link is : http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/lang/en/id/1276, the patch file is: http://ftp.ni.com/support/softlib/labview/labview_development_system/8.6.1/LV861f1DevSystemPatch.exe. It is apparently a problem associated with LV 8.6.1.

I have downloaded the patch and the problem is fixed, roughly 5 min of effort.

Hopefully this solves your problem as well. Let me know if you were able to follow the links I supplied.

William

• 1 month later...

i found this bug a few months ago. It was quite annoying at that time fighting with LV to change the limit frusty.gif

I have 8.6.1, installed this "patch" this morning and it killed my LV software. If customer service can't help me out it looks like I have to do a reinstall. angry.gif

Update: Just got off with NI. Seems this patch is for the base development system only. I have the Pro. My bad. oops.gif

I still have to remove and reinstall, though. sad.gif

Edited by PaulG.

I have 8.6.1, installed this "patch" this morning and it killed my LV software. If customer service can't help me out it looks like I have to do a reinstall. angry.gif

Update: Just got off with NI. Seems this patch is for the base development system only. I have the Pro. My bad. oops.gif

I still have to remove and reinstall, though. sad.gif

Paul,

I'm not sure what NI told you, but that does not sound correct!!! I have the full development Suite and I had the problem. And, as I stated earlier, I performed the tasks as mentioned, it took less than 5 minutes to do, and the problem went away. I have not experienced any other problem (related to that) since.

William

Paul,

I'm not sure what NI told you, but that does not sound correct!!! I have the full development Suite and I had the problem. And, as I stated earlier, I performed the tasks as mentioned, it took less than 5 minutes to do, and the problem went away. I have not experienced any other problem (related to that) since.

William

I'm not sure what happened, but I reinstalled LV 8.6.1 and tried the patch again - backing up the "patched" files first wink.gif . The patch installed just fine this time. I have been having some licensing issues since I upgraded to 8.6 last year and I think I got that resolved using a different license number when reinstalling it this morning. This little adventure helped me resolve an issue I've been fighting for over a year. And no loss of productivity, either since most of my Thursday mornings are spent in meetings. thumbup1.gif