How to Smoothen the curve

Guest Avinashgogineni

Guest Avinashgogineni

Hi,

I need to smoothen the cure, First i have to read the data from the file (.xls) and then The curve should be smoothened by using mean function of filters....... please help me in that, So that I can start accordingly....

Guest Avinashgogineni

Hi,

I need to smoothen the cure, First i have to read the data from the file (.xls) and then The curve should be smoothened by using mean function of filters....... please help me in that, So that I can start accordingly....

Hi is any one there????

Hi is any one there????

Could you show us what you've done so far and describe your application?

Smoothing a curve is very dependant on your application. Some smoothing functions can induce undesirable shifts in time domain, others will affect your frequency domain... Do you want to filter low frequencies, high frequencies, band-pass? Do you want to simulate a certain type of real-world passive filter? Do you care if the filter is active or passive? Do you simply want a moving average?

You could end up with as many answers as there are applications...

Guest Avinashgogineni

Could you show us what you've done so far and describe your application?

Smoothing a curve is very dependant on your application. Some smoothing functions can induce undesirable shifts in time domain, others will affect your frequency domain... Do you want to filter low frequencies, high frequencies, band-pass? Do you want to simulate a certain type of real-world passive filter? Do you care if the filter is active or passive? Do you simply want a moving average?

You could end up with as many answers as there are applications...

I just want the average of certain peaks and valleys near to that.... here is the data file which we need to draw between 1st column and 8th colmn of given data file

Book1.zip

I just want the average of certain peaks and valleys near to that.... here is the data file which we need to draw between 1st column and 8th colmn of given data file

I think want Francois wanted to see was what LabVIEW code you had made to try to accomplish your goal. We're all about helping at LAVA but we're not about spoon feeding. Show us some code trying to accomplish your goal and we'll point you in the right direction. If you don't have any code then you should look up some NI examples, or go through some LabVIEW training.

Guest Avinashgogineni

I think want Francois wanted to see was what LabVIEW code you had made to try to accomplish your goal. We're all about helping at LAVA but we're not about spoon feeding. Show us some code trying to accomplish your goal and we'll point you in the right direction. If you don't have any code then you should look up some NI examples, or go through some LabVIEW training.

Here is my code... which i have done till now... what function should i use to get that average smooth signal?

LAVA Guidence.vi

You've already been told that this isn't a forum where someone will do your homework for you. We'll help you if you show some effort, so upload the *code* that you've tried and we'll help you debug it, but we won't write it for you.

Guest Avinashgogineni

You've already been told that this isn't a forum where someone will do your homework for you. We'll help you if you show some effort, so upload the *code* that you've tried and we'll help you debug it, but we won't write it for you.

No one is asking here to write the code. I think you are misunderstanding me... If you know about this try to help me in implementation... please don't try to waste my time with unnecessary arguments..

Here is my code... which i have done till now... what function should i use to get that average smooth signal?

Couple things. First the file you provided as your data (Book1.xls) is in a file format that LabVIEW can't read from the "Read from Spreadsheet file" function. That function works with a ASCII file, generally a .TXT.

If you do get to the point to where your data is read, then I would suggest looking into the Mean function under the Probability and Statistics pallet (found under Mathematics). You can then calculate the mean of a small set of values, and the process another small set until you processed all of them.

Guest Avinashgogineni

Couple things. First the file you provided as your data (Book1.xls) is in a file format that LabVIEW can't read from the "Read from Spreadsheet file" function. That function works with a ASCII file, generally a .TXT.

If you do get to the point to where your data is read, then I would suggest looking into the Mean function under the Probability and Statistics pallet (found under Mathematics). You can then calculate the mean of a small set of values, and the process another small set until you processed all of them.

oops sorry I forgot to attach the file

Modified file

Book1.zip

LAVA Guidence.vi

No one is asking here to write the code... please don't try to waste my time with unnecessary arguments..

You started by posting your data with no code - that suggests to me that you hadn't tried writting any code and wanted us to do it for you. Now you've posted your code I'm much happier.

Hi,

I have one .txt file even i am testing with that, It's not coming... i selected the mean function and from that how can we get the wave form? Is this the correct procedure ?

oops sorry I forgot to attach the file

You have a period as the delimiter for the text file. The delimiter in the file is not a period, either change the file, or change the parameter you are delimiting on.

Did you just quote your self 3 times? Well if you quoted your self I'll quote my self because I already answered the question but maybe you didn't understand.

You can then calculate the mean of a small set of values, and the process another small set until you processed all of them.

Perform the mean on the first X number of points, then do a mean starting at index 1 (instead of 0) for another X number of points. Do this FOR the whole list of data.

Guest Avinashgogineni

You have a period as the delimiter for the text file. The delimiter in the file is not a period, either change the file, or change the parameter you are delimiting on.

Did you just quote your self 3 times? Well if you quoted your self I'll quote my self because I already answered the question but maybe you didn't understand.

Perform the mean on the first X number of points, then do a mean starting at index 1 (instead of 0) for another X number of points. Do this FOR the whole list of data.

Hai,

If you dont mind can you tell me clearly about that? please see this one, I changed the file as " /t" and trying to lay the connection between mean and wave form

LAVA Guidence.vi

Hai,

If you dont mind can you tell me clearly about that? please see this one, I changed the file as " /t" and trying to lay the connection between mean and wave form

I already stated clearly (at least I think it is clear) what you need to do. I've said it twice here is a third time.

So again try to do a mean on points 0-4, then a mean on points 1-6, then a mean on points 2-7 FOR the whole set of data.

Guest Avinashgogineni

I already stated clearly (at least I think it is clear) what you need to do. I've said it twice here is a third time.

So again try to do a mean on points 0-4, then a mean on points 1-6, then a mean on points 2-7 FOR the whole set of data.

Oooh god please see dis one. here i need to get the mean value at the base but peaks should remain same

post-17243-126989726179_thumb.jpg

Oooh god please see dis one. here i need to get the mean value at the base but peaks should remain same

Then you will have to find a way to not make an average on those values, or insert those values back into the smoothed data. Again realize this will make a time shift in your data. Good luck.

Guest Avinashgogineni

Then you will have to find a way to not make an average on those values, or insert those values back into the smoothed data. Again realize this will make a time shift in your data. Good luck.

Please tell me clearly wat componenys should i need to use for this... I just want to get the positive peaks and base distortion should be a constant line ,...... please be active in helping me!! It's really urgent for me..

• 3 weeks later...

What you want, is not smoothing, but filtering.

In filtering, many theories exist. With or without Mathematics, depends on your study.

Please learn more about filtering, decide what and how you want to filter in or out.

Then ask the specific question on how to do this specific filtering in LV.