Issue with DAQ drivers for USB-6008

miked1227

I have created a standalone application that uses both VISA and a DAQ card. The computer that I am running the exe on does not have LABView installed on it. The exe was created on a computer that has LABView 8.2.1 installed. I know I need additional drivers to be able to run the VISA and the DAQ. Therefore I have installed the 09' NI Device Driver CD on the standalone machine. This was not a complete install because of limited disk space on the standalone. Just what I thought to be necessary, like DAQmx and VISA along with some additional. My problem is that when I plug my DAQ into the standalone computer it still says it does not have the drivers. I have searched for just the DAQ drivers with no luck. Is there an easy way to install drivers for this hardware? BTW, standalone does not have internet access. I have also noticed that in some versions of LABView you can include these installers without the exe. Does anyone know which version of LABView this started?

Do you have the LabVIEW 8.2.1 Run-time engine installed? It might make things easier if you create an installer. If you right click on the build specifications part of the project tree where you created the exe and select new >> installer, select your exe as the source file and click on the additional installers page you can select additional drivers to include such as VISA and and DAQmx. see Building and Installer LabVIEW 8.2 Help