.zip toolkit ?

There is a Zip subpalette in the Files palette. If your LabVIEW is ancient, they may not be available. There is also an OpenG toolkit with more functionality.

I'm using LV 8.2 and do see the following VIs under File I/O

1. New Zip

2. Add to Zip

3. Close Zip

I'm missing the "Extract" function though :-)

I've looked in the OpenG toolkit http://wiki.openg.or...enG_Library_VIs but did not see anything.

I think I should be able to write a function to extract files if I find a .zip activeX component.

Thanks for the quick response! Any more feedback is greatly appreciated. If I do end up writing a function I'll provide it to the community.

I'm using LV 8.2 and do see the following VIs under File I/O

1. New Zip

2. Add to Zip

3. Close Zip

I'm missing the "Extract" function though :-)

I've looked in the OpenG toolkit http://wiki.openg.or...enG_Library_VIs but did not see anything.

I think I should be able to write a function to extract files if I find a .zip activeX component.

Thanks for the quick response! Any more feedback is greatly appreciated. If I do end up writing a function I'll provide it to the community.

I've just found it http://wiki.openg.org/Category:Oglib_lvzip_VIs

Thank you so much for the pointer! You've got to love LAVA

Damn right!

Well, the openG VIs did not work for me... I had to write my own VI. I ended up using a DLL from Inner Media, Inc.

Name Duzactx.dll

Size (bytes) 262.144

Version 5.00.01

Company Inner Media, Inc.

Description DynaZIP-32 UnZIP ActiveX Control

Attached is a snapshot of the code.

Note: When extracting all files the recursive flag must be set to TRUE, AND FileSpec must be set to *.*

Edited by Michael Aivaliotis
Moderator deleted huge attachment.

Well, the openG VIs did not work for me... I had to write my own VI. I ended up using a DLL from Inner Media, Inc.

Name Duzactx.dll

Size (bytes) 262.144

Version 5.00.01

Company Inner Media, Inc.

Description DynaZIP-32 UnZIP ActiveX Control

Attached is a snapshot of the code.

Note: When extracting all files the recursive flag must be set to TRUE, AND FileSpec must be set to *.*

What about the OpenG VIs didn't work for you? I've used them a lot and never had any issues...

Hi Crelf,

Could you please post a snapshot of the series of VIs you've used?

Attached you'll find what I was trying to use. The string constant at the bottom is the error message generated by the "Extract.vi" -I copy-n-pasted the error message manually-

post-14457-127006362171_thumb.jpg

post-14457-127006380743_thumb.jpg