Bridge Labview-Matlab

Hi friends,

I'm using a NI cDAQ-9172 with Labview to do sound pressure acquisitions. It's everything doing well, but to improve the perfomance, I would like, at sometimes, to stop the processing in Labview and send the data to Matlab's environment (to make the calculations faster) and then, comes back the data to labview's treatment. So, my doubt is how can i make the bridge between Matlab and Labview interfaces? One time, I saw something as to use OLE protocol. Is it proceeds? Is there a specific tool to do that, or a better way? Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you in advance.

I haven't used this, but can you accomplish what is needed using the MATLAB Script Node? It's located in the Mathematics-->Scripts & Formulas-->Script Nodes.

I remember that something changed with the licensing of Matlab script nodes with 2009 but I can't remember the details.

Bruce

post-4985-127006103252_thumb.png

Edited by bmoyer

I remember that something changed with the licensing of Matlab script nodes with 2009 but I can't remember the details.

I think you're confusing this with the licensing for MathScript, which had a script node similar to the MATLAB node. MathScript used to be included with a LabVIEW Pro license (and maybe LabVIEW Full, don't remember). It is now a separately paid for license in addition to LabVIEW.

The MATLAB node (to my knowledge) does not have any special licensing requirments from the LabVIEW side. Of course, you do need a MATLAB license to be able to use it.

-Scott