Class Template vis and Autogrow

When I create a new vi for my class using New-> New vi from Dynamic Dispatch Template or New vi from Static Dispatch Template, Autogrow is always enabled on the error case structure, even though my in LabVIEW options settings I disabled the place new structures with Autogrow enabled.

This is in LV2009SP1. I haven't checked in other versions.

Has anyone else run into this?

From my understanding, the difference here is that you're pulling from a template, not dropping new components. If you can find where those templates are stashed on disk, you should be able to open them up, untick autogrow, and save them back. Thereafter, no more autogrow!

From my understanding, the difference here is that you're pulling from a template, not dropping new components. If you can find where those templates are stashed on disk, you should be able to open them up, untick autogrow, and save them back. Thereafter, no more autogrow!

After you find them write down where you found them becuase you will have to repat that operation when you upgrade to the next LV version (been there done that).

Ben

Alternatively, you could leave AutoGrow on and stop hiding stuff under the edges of your loops. shifty.gif

(Joking, of course. Although I love the feature, I'm aware that not everyone does.)

If I remember correctly there is an ini token to show hidden objects.

If you can find where those templates are stashed on disk, you should be able to open them up, untick autogrow, and save them back. Thereafter, no more autogrow!

Now the real question is can anyone tell me where those templates are stored? I remember seeing that in a post before but I can't seem to find it now.

Now the real question is can anyone tell me where those templates are stored? I remember seeing that in a post before but I can't seem to find it now.

You might consider just pointing Darren's tool at your National Instruments directory. :P

• Like 1

I think you're looking for [LabVIEW]\resource\Framework\Providers\LVClassLibrary\CLSUIP_MemberTemplate.vit. I changed the structure in there to not Auto Grow, and my new static/dynamic dispatch VIs no longer had Auto Grow set.

-D

• Like 1