custom MultiColumn Listboxes

I once did a very similar display using Borlanc C++, but I have not yet figured out how to do this with LabVIEW2009! I need to creat a spreadsheet type of display where some of the columns will be showing text values just like a MC Listbox, but I also need to imbed one column with T/F boolean controls, and another column with digital controls so the user can enter specific U16 values given as 2n + 1 where n = 3 - 127. I would also like to detect the value change events for each cell. Normally I would put arrays or clusters of controls for each column side by side and adjust the size of each component in the vertical direction to get the desired results. In my present case I am using LabVIEW 2009 on a Linux machine so I do not have a large selection of fonts to make the text columns total height match that of the other components in other columns.

If there are any ideas out there please let me know.

You can deal with the alignment problems by changing the format to a 1D array of clusters, where each element in the cluster is a column.

The main problem with this is detecting which row received the event. I would suggest using a value change event and comparing the NewVal and OldVal terminals, like this:

post-1431-127109306284_thumb.png

(inside is a cluster to array primitive).

• Like 1

I ended up with 8 clusters, 1 for each column which made the resizing a lot easier. As for detecting the row that the event occurred in a made an event case for each control in a cluster and then searched the clusters[] property for the reference returned by the event to figure out with row (control) actually produced the event and went from there. Thanks for feedback.

I ended up with 8 clusters, 1 for each column which made the resizing a lot easier. As for detecting the row that the event occurred in a made an event case for each control in a cluster and then searched the clusters[] property for the reference returned by the event to figure out with row (control) actually produced the event and went from there. Thanks for feedback.

If you expand on what Yair posted, you can get it more easily than what you've described. (Inverse row/column indicator depending on the orientation of your cluster array.)

post-10515-127118894566_thumb.png