Does anyone have sample code for communicating with Uson Vector Leak & Flow Tester

Tim8888

I am wondering if anyone has experience write / read to an Uson Vector Leak Tester using LabVIEW. Uson Vector Leak Tester has a Modbus TCP/IP and Serial communication options. LabVIEW has a Modbus Library and DSC software for setting up Modbus server. I am hoping to communicate through TCP. I have not obtain everything necessary to try this out yet, but if anyone has experience with this, please reply to the post. Thanks.

Below is the link to the Uson Vector Leak Tester:

http://www.uson.com/...e%20Version.pdf

I am wondering if anyone has experience write / read to an Uson Vector Leak Tester using LabVIEW. Uson Vector Leak Tester has a Modbus TCP/IP and Serial communication options. LabVIEW has a Modbus Library and DSC software for setting up Modbus server. I am hoping to communicate through TCP. I have not obtain everything necessary to try this out yet, but if anyone has experience with this, please reply to the post. Thanks.

I've never talked with a Uson Vector Leak Tester; I have talked to devices using Modbus TCP. The library off of NI's website works. You will need to know the Modbus address(es) of what you are looking to read/write; check the manual, though my experience is that the actual address may be nearby and not the address that is stated so you may have to search around a little. (I've used Festo and Eaton/Cutler Hammer products.) I expect the leak tester is a server and you'll be programming a master.

Tim