AVI video

Hey everyone,

Can someone tell me why NI Vision assisstant doesn't accept all video (.avi) although they have same properties (RGB, 30fps) and same type(.avi). I am working on video

processing with LabVIEW8.6 but My program work on some AVI and doesn't accept others AVI.

Thank you in advance.

Were these videos created on the computer you're doing the processing on? My guess is that they were created using a video compression format that is not on your computer. The AVI format is like a container and can have different internal formats (codecs) making one AVI compatible with one computer that is not compatible on another because of the internal format (wish there was an easy way to determine which compressors were used to save an AVI, not sure if there is).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_Video_Interleave

Bruce

I don't have Ulead Video Studio but if you are sure the formats and settings are exactly the same from file to file and some work and others don't, then I don't know how to help. PCM is usually used for audio. Try disabling all compression (both video and audio) when saving your AVI to see if you have the problem still. If you have some very small examples, then you could post them, but videos are usually quite large.

Bruce

Hey every one,

I have tryed with GSpot but it doesn't work. I mean that my program display an "Error -1074396120 occurred at IMAQ Extract Single Color Plane

Not an image" when I used the full video, but the program works with part of this video that I have extracted with Ulead Video Studio.

I have looked for this error in NI forums, but no solution has solved it. even I used "IMAQ create" as it was said.

I couldn't attach the videos while they were too long.

Here an attachement of my program which consists on doing an OCR on .avi video. To mention i used vision assistant to generate the labVIEW VI, I attached the script

that I have made as sub VI. Have any one any idea what's all about?

Thank you very much.

Noura

post-17375-127252969398_thumb.jpg

post-17375-127252970964_thumb.jpg

post-17375-127252972778_thumb.jpg

wwwoooooooowwwwwwwww........

I have found the solution. I have downloaded a software called "VirtualDub" and convert the video to "segmented avi" and it works with my VI...

Thank youuu alllll for the help. If their's any suggestions to ameliorate my program I wil be so glad to hear from youuu..

wwwoooooooowwwwwwwww........

I have found the solution. I have downloaded a software called "VirtualDub" and convert the video to "segmented avi" and it works with my VI...

Thank youuu alllll for the help. If their's any suggestions to ameliorate my program I wil be so glad to hear from youuu..

That's great because I didn't see anything wrong with the code. :thumbup1: I guess the source of your problems was in the AVI file itself.

Bruce