DVR GOOP Class Template

Hi all OO fans out there.

I like to post some reference (DVR) class template and hopefully get some feedback on these.

I like to find some different templates to implement and release with the next GDS version that will be 2010 compatible.

This template I’ve attached here is a DVR template that has the same function as the current EndevoGOOP3 template.

E.g.

-Named Object (So you can implement Singleton Design pattern)

-Class Attribute, this is some data that all objects from the same class type share.

-Debugging of classes. You can get the DVR reference to stay alive even if the Create method of the class becomes idle. This makes it easier to debug a single method, since you can run it over and over again until you’ve fixed your bugs.

I’ve created a project containing a Base class and a Sub class and an Example Vi that tests the different aspects of the class templates.

The fundamental thing about this template is that all objects inherits from a Root base class.

post-941-127331676562_thumb.png

Please have a look at the design and give me some feedback if you have time.<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">

To try the debugging of the DVR objects, you need the latest verion of GDS, try this beta version:

http://goop.endevo.net/GDS/GDS_P9U_2009.zip

Cheers,

Mikael

GOOPRef1.zip

Hi Mikael,

This is exactly what I've been looking for!!! thumbup1.gif I'm evaluating it now. A few logistical questions...

1. Will this be available as a template for the UML Modeler?

2. If so, when will it be available?

3. Will it be compatible with 2009 as well

Thanks, more feedback later

1. Will this be available as a template for the UML Modeler?

Yes, when I implement support of creating a new class template I also create the support of analyse these classes.

2. If so, when will it be available?

I'm aiming for Ni week, I let you know when the first beta release is ready.

3. Will it be compatible with 2009 as well

This template will be available for GDS 2009 and up.

But I need feedback and support for a template like this to get it into GDS.

We are thinking about different templates, this more advanced version and a more simple one.

For the advanced one, I'm planing to create a converter of EndevoGOOP 3 classes to this new class template.

Cheers,

Mikael

Hi again

Here is our next version of DVR class template.

This is a simple one and simular to what many of you already have tried.

GOOPRef2.zip

Cheers,

Mikael

Nice job on the simple template - yes, this is what we have all tried. There is a place for this template. I don't want to reinvent the wheel, much less the flat tire.

However, I really need the naming and the debugging of the original posting. Great job!!! I will spend more time with the original over the next few weeks and will post questions as they arise.

N

• 1 month later...

Hi Mikael,

I tried downloading the beta from the link and the site was empty. Can you post a new link?

John

Hi John

I'll post the link in a couple of days, with a new beta version of GDS.

This version contains a more complete version of a DVR template.

Cheers,

Mikael

Hi

Here is the latest beta version of GOOP Development Suite, which contains the DVR class templates.

http://goop.endevo.net/GDS/GDS_Q1I_2009.zip (only for LV 2009)

If you already have a version of GDS installed just move the Endevo folder under “C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2009\resource\Framework\Providers” to a safe location before installing this beta version.

The activation key is: NINI-WEEK-2010-BETA-BETA

To view the new class templates, select the new EndevoGOOP400-class provider, and then create some classes.

I’ve made a quick video demonstration how to create classes of this template and how they work.

http://goop.endevo.net//GDS/videos/GOOP4Demo

Any feedback is really appreciated.

Cheers,

Mikael

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

Have anyone tried recently to download the Symbio trail version of GOOP?

I have done it on several PC's but got the same error when I try to extract the Zip file.

I got this error: post-7489-040773900%201282579325_thumb.png:throwpc:

I tried to send a email to symbio, but my mail couldn't be delivered (Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently: tool_support@symbio.com).:frusty:

Thanks in advance

regards Bjarne

post-7489-040773900 1282579325_thumb.png

...Have anyone tried recently to download the Symbio trail version of GOOP?

I downloaded the zip GDS_4.0rc_LV2009.zip today, and it unzipped without problem.

My problem is that I'm still using LV2009 and the setup VI in the zip file requires LV2010, even though the name of the zip file indicates that it should be for LV2009.

/J