cannot choose another webcam which has same name

Dear, all

I have 2 similar webcam plugin with my laptop and want to snap picture from them.(not same time)

The problem is these two camera have same name, so when I want to select and capture with the 2nd webcam, LV always return to capture with the first webcam.

How would I do?

Can I change driver's name of the webcam?

best regards

• 2 years later...
Had that problem. I believe it is because the Windows software was never made to work with multiple cameras at once. Each identical camera is listed in the Windows Registry under identical names. I believe you can modify the registry, but that is not a satisfactory solution.

Really? I've got it working just fine on my PC.

I wonder: are you using NI-IMAQdx? Or something different?

Really? I've got it working just fine on my PC.

I wonder: are you using NI-IMAQdx? Or something different?

I think I’ve seen it with NI-IMAQdx. It’s only with some USB cameras, such as webcams. And it is only when using identical models; one can use multiple cameras of different models, because they go into the Registry under their model names.

I think I’ve seen it with NI-IMAQdx. It’s only with some USB cameras, such as webcams. And it is only when using identical models; one can use multiple cameras of different models, because they go into the Registry under their model names.

If you're using IMAQdx, it uses the names listed in MAX, not the registry, so this shouldn't be an issue.