Init of instruments and other stuff

Clio75

Hello

I working in Teststand 4.2.1.

I'm looking for a way to initiate and check the pressent of the instruments in stalled on the teststation.

And start a OI once, and not each time I run a UUT.

There have to be a way but I have not found it.

So where can I do this?

And how is the best way to do this?

Thanx

Your question is a little vague (kind of like asking "how much would it cost to develop a test system?) - It totally depends on what instruments you have, how you physically connect to those instruments, what APIs you are using, etc.

In similarly vague terms, you could create a step to check the presence of your instruments, store the result in a variable and then use that value in your sequences as part of your logic (be it, warning your user or skipping steps when running sequences).

Your question is a little vague (kind of like asking "how much would it cost to develop a test system?) - It totally depends on what instruments you have, how you physically connect to those instruments, what APIs you are using, etc.

In similarly vague terms, you could create a step to check the presence of your instruments, store the result in a variable and then use that value in your sequences as part of your logic (be it, warning your user or skipping steps when running sequences).

:thumbup1: OK I see that.

I try to explain.

My questions is not how to connect to my instruments(This is done in labview.vi). But where in Teststand is the "most correct" place to put these steps ??

Today I check the instruments every time I test a UUT. That seems a bit overkill.

So I was wondering there have to be a better way. And I have heard some where that you only check your instruments once, not on each UUT.

So I looked at the internet to find out where in teststand was the best pratice to check instruments but did not find any answers.

In the model files and say that there are many pre and post sequenses that run before and after the UUT was tested.

But I have no Idea what all of this is doing.

What I need is someone to guide me into the files I need to modify to make my instruments check only to be init/check once.

Probably in one of the preUUT*** But I don't know.

If someone have any advice, I be happy :worshippy: