PROBLEM IN READING OTHER LANGUAGES TEXT

HI FRIENDS,

I AM FACING ONE PROBLEM.I AM HAVING ONE EXCEL SHEET WHICH CONTAINS 11 SHEETS IN EACH SHEET EACH LANGUAGE STRINGS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR EX : ENGLISH ,GERMAN,RUSSIAN,CHINESE.... etc.. NOW I AM TRYING TO READ THIS EXCEL SHEET AND TO LOAD THE CORRESPONDING DATAS IN A TABLE CONTROL.WHILE READING A RUSSIAN LANGUAGE I AM FACING A PROBLEM THE STRINGS WERE DISPLAYED AS"????".. EVEN I HAVE ENABLED USEUNICODE=TRUE IN LABVIEW.INI FILE TOO. BUT STILL I AM FACING THE SAME PROBLEM.. CAN ANY ONE PROVIDE A SOLUTION FOR THIS smile.gif........

REGARDS,

KARTHIK

Hi Karthik,

check your keyboard, it looks like the shift key is stuck.

On topic, go deep inside the Office Toolkit to find out which method is used to load the data from Excel into LabVIEW, perhaps there is a Uni-code aware method you can use.

Keep us posted,

Ton

Hii,

No my shift key haven't struck .... still i am facing the problem while updating to Table....

What code do you use to get the data out of Excel?

The NI office toolkit, or some other toolkit?

Try to define which method is used to pump the data from Excel inot LabVIEW.

Ton

Hii,

No my shift key haven't struck .... still i am facing the problem while updating to Table....

So I was playing around with Unicode in LabVIEW stuff, and for some controls and indicators you need to append the BOM to the front of the string. In LabVIEW that is typically 0xFFFE to the front of the string. It worked for the tree contro and table. Here is an example. Tell me if it works for you.

UnicodeTable.vi

So I was playing around with Unicode in LabVIEW stuff, and for some controls and indicators you need to append the BOM to the front of the string. In LabVIEW that is typically 0xFFFE to the front of the string. It worked for the tree contro and table. Here is an example. Tell me if it works for you.

Hi GoGators,

How did you make your string constant has "Force Unicode Text" item in right-click menu.

Thanks

Hey your Table Contol is working fine..... but i am facing a problem while reading from excel sheet and then loading to Table control...............

On topic, go deep inside the Office Toolkit to find out which method is used to load the data from Excel into LabVIEW, perhaps there is a Uni-code aware method you can use.

What code do you use to get the data out of Excel?

The NI office toolkit, or some other toolkit?

Try to define which method is used to pump the data from Excel inot LabVIEW.

Hey your Table Contol is working fine..... but i am facing a problem while reading from excel sheet and then loading to Table control...............

Karthik,

could you please answer above question(s)?

Then we can help you.

Ton

Karthik,

could you please answer above question(s)?

Then we can help you.

Ton

ok i will list the things which i have done so for ,.....

1.I have LV 2009

2.I have enabled UseUnicode=TRUE in my LabVIEW.ini file.

3.In my control panal ->Regional Language->Language tab->I have enabled supplymentry language support.

4.I am having a excel sheet which contains russian language text.

5.I am using ActiveX for Excel read from LV and updating the datas in a Table Control..

6.While reading the russian language text it displays ?????......

this the current problem i am facing can u suggest me the right path to read those datas and display it in a Table control...........

:)