Help OpenG!

I work on the LabVIEW team, and we are looking for some feedback on OpenG. If you're an experienced LabVIEW / OpenG user, and you have 5 minutes to fill out a survey, let me know.

To participate, just email me at chris dot bolin at ni dot com or send me a LAVA message with your email address.

Thanks, everyone! I had enough volunteers in the first couple hours to complete the project. Thanks again for your help.

For those of you that are curious, I want OpenG to be a "Compatible with LabVIEW" product (ni.com/compatiblewithlabview). Part of the compatibility requirements are customer references, and after speaking with the OpenG founder, we decided the best way to get those references was from directly from the user base (enter: LAVA).

As a Compatible with LabVIEW product, OpenG should be exposed to wider audience, which is good for OpenG and LabVIEW - and by extension, you and me :)

• Like 2

For those of you that are curious, I want OpenG to be a "Compatible with LabVIEW" product (ni.com/compatiblewithlabview). Part of the compatibility requirements are customer references, and after speaking with the OpenG founder, we decided the best way to get those references was from directly from the user base (enter: LAVA).

As a Compatible with LabVIEW product, OpenG should be exposed to wider audience, which is good for OpenG and LabVIEW - and by extension, you and me :)

Hi Chris

From a first read, I like the direction NI are taking with this.

A quick question - will OpenG be certified on a package-by-package basis, or is OpenG being certified to be compatible with LabVIEW as a whole?

Cheers

-JG

will OpenG be certified on a package-by-package basis, or is OpenG being certified to be compatible with LabVIEW as a whole?

Great question! We are still fleshing that out, but my initial thoughts are to certify all the palette VIs together, and look at OpenG builder separately.

Great question! We are still fleshing that out, but my initial thoughts are to certify all the palette VIs together, and look at OpenG builder separately.

That makes sense, since the OpenG toolkits generally only contain 'official' LabVIEW code and OpenG Builder dives much deeper into the core code.

Ton

• 1 year later...