I want to make a contract for LABVIEW project

Guest Avinashgogineni

Guest Avinashgogineni

Hi,

I am doing one project on LABVIEW. I need some one help in that. I can Pay the amount accordingly. I need to complete this project as soon as possible.

• 2 months later...

Hello Mark I am a premium member in LAVA. I feel happy to be here with the talented guys and I really need your help to complete my project as soon as possible. please help me in that.

Thats great to hear.

If the premium membership came through you should have a banner below your name similar to mine.

I'm checking with admin to see if this can be fixed.

Please start by posting the current code you are using.

Next create a list of the top 3 things you want to add or change.

Please try to write as much detail as possible.

Then we can discuss further.

Mark

• Like 1
Guest Avinashgogineni

Thats great to hear.

If the premium membership came through you should have a banner below your name similar to mine.

I'm checking with admin to see if this can be fixed.

Please start by posting the current code you are using.

Next create a list of the top 3 things you want to add or change.

Please try to write as much detail as possible.

Then we can discuss further.

Mark

Hello mark,

I am attaching two files here the file post processing is the one which you have done earlier. and the other one is main.vi, it is the same but it is done is VI manager. I want to read the data from ASCII file. The ASCII file is having 60000 rows and 9 columns. Among them we have to read the data from that ASCII file and we need to draw graph between 1st column and 8th column, and the second graph is between 1st column and 9th column. We have some junk data indicating the description, dates of the project. we should not read them and if we try to draw the graph between those columns, we wont get the uniform curve. So, we have to make it uniform by using any kind of techniques and the main important thing is that we should not disturb the peaks. The peaks in the graph should remain same before and after the modification. I am trying to load the ASCII files. I tried in different ways to upload .zip files too. If you want an example you can see some ASCII files in the below link. The curve should be like this .................../\........................./\................................/\................................../\............................../\.................................../\..............................

The curve should be neat. and it should indicate the peak values of the raw data and the peak values of the uniform wave. They should coincide each other. we should get the base line measurements too of each cycle. Here in this VI we have an option to open the ASCII file from the section like "BROWSE THE ASCII FILE" WE should not use those kind of things. we have to browse the file from the option menu FILE --> OPEN and then start RUN. After getting the Uniform curve and values, we should get them in the separate Excel sheet indicating the project details ( as I mentioned it as junk data before). If you have any doubts. please ask me.

PostProcessing.vi

Main.vi

This has become an exercise in social engineering and language, very interesting.

Mark posted the questions below in the thread quoted above, have these been addressed?

What is the final data going to be used for? No discussion of the purpose of the result

What does the data represent? No discussion of the real implications of the input data.

Why do you want to average / smooth the data? No discussion.

What does the peak and valley data tell you about the waveform? No discussion.

How do you know if the program is doing the right thing? No discussion.

Those questions are reasonable in the absence of a clear description of program goals.

I imagine they are hard to answer if either the language gulf is too great, or the questioner has no clear idea of the desired results.

When trying to solve a problem for a client who has no idea how to solve it, it is possible to provide good solutions, IF a basic understanding of the higher level needs are understood by both parties. That is why the questions above are so important. AND, if either party is unable to answer those questions, then a successful solution is unlikely. Seems hopeless so far.

There is one final item - that of premium membership. It still has not happened.

I have to say that I hate PayPal. I simply will not put my personal information in their hands.

I would have resubscribed as a Premium member just now, but I need another method to make the contribution.

Edited by mross

This has become an exercise in social engineering and language, very interesting.

Mark posted the questions below in the thread quoted above, have these been addressed?

What is the final data going to be used for? No discussion of the purpose of the result

What does the data represent? No discussion of the real implications of the input data.

Those questions are reasonable in the absence of a clear description of program goals.

I imagine they are hard to answer if either the language gulf is too great, or the questioner has no clear idea of the desired results.

When trying to solve a problem for a client who has no idea how to solve it, it is possible to provide good solutions, IF a basic understanding of the higher level needs are understood by both parties. That is why the questions above are so important. AND, if either party is unable to answer those questions, then a successful solution is unlikely. Seems hopeless so far.

There is one final item - that of premium membership. It still has not happened.

thanks for chiming in. I don't feel so alone now and I am glad I kept this discussion public so others can follow.

I did check with Michael and it looks like the Premium membership is valid it just seems to be taking a while to transfer the funds.

Avinashgogineni,

as mross has pointed out it would be a much easier for me and others to help you if you could answer the above questions.

Hello mark,

I am attaching two files here the file post processing is the one which you have done earlier.

and the other one is main.vi, it is the same but it is done is VI manager.

I want to read the data from ASCII file.

The ASCII file is having 60000 rows and 9 columns.

Among them we have to read the data from that ASCII file and we need to draw graph between 1st column and 8th column, and

the second graph is between 1st column and 9th column.

We have some junk data indicating the description,

dates of the project. we should not read them and if we try to draw the graph between those columns,

we wont get the uniform curve. So,

we have to make it uniform by using any kind of techniques and

the main important thing is that we should not disturb the peaks.

The peaks in the graph should remain same before and after the modification.

I am trying to load the ASCII files.

I tried in different ways to upload .zip files too.

If you want an example you can see some ASCII files in the below link.

The curve should be like this

.................../\........................./\................................/\................................../\............................../\.................................../\..............................

The curve should be neat. and it should indicate the peak values of the raw data and the peak values of the uniform wave.

Ok as far as I can tell the current software does all of this.

DO you agree that the software I wrote for you before does all the items above?

They should coincide each other.

I don't understand what you mean by "coincide"

we should get the base line measurements too of each cycle.

Please explain more what you mean by base line measurements

Here in this VI we have an option to open the ASCII file from the section like "BROWSE THE ASCII FILE"

WE should not use those kind of things.

we have to browse the file from the option menu FILE --> OPEN and then start RUN.

OK so you would like a pull down menu I will add this to your main

After getting the Uniform curve and values,

What does a uniform curve look like or

how will we know what a uniform curve is.

What do we do if a curve is not uniform?

we should get them in the separate Excel sheet indicating the project details

you will need to create an example excel sheet and how you want it formated. I'm not going to guess at this.

( as I mentioned it as junk data before).

Junk data will be left out of the excel sheet.

If you have any doubts. please ask me.

Please answer all the questions with as much detail as you can.

Mark

Guest Avinashgogineni

thanks for chiming in. I don't feel so alone now and I am glad I kept this discussion public so others can follow.

I did check with Michael and it looks like the Premium membership is valid it just seems to be taking a while to transfer the funds.

Avinashgogineni,

as mross has pointed out it would be a much easier for me and others to help you if you could answer the above questions.

you will need to create an example excel sheet and how you want it formated. I'm not going to guess at this.

Mark

Hello Mark, The current software is no doing all these.... It is giving wrong data. I don't want the averaging speeds and thresholds to change. It should consider all the aspects in that and the peak values should be similar before and after modifying. It should average the points , which are not uniform to get the neat waveform. That software is not doing that operation here. If you read that data, It is showing noise in that. So, we have to reduce the noise here by using any kind of technique and then the waveform should be like this ....../\.............../\......../\.................... in the earlier software... it is not like that. The wave form should be neat. We have to modify in that way. So, I am attaching the screen shots here.. here you can see that the base line is not neat and we need to reduce the noise. after seeing this you have to know reason for not getting the neat base line.

post-17243-066905400 1282927266_thumb.pn

post-17243-083955400 1282927403_thumb.pn

Guest Avinashgogineni

Avinashgogineni,

Mark

I would like the share the importance of this project now

Here we are doing this project for transportation purposes in the road construction to find the capability of the road. The ASCII data is generated when the machine touches the road. Actually here the machine can be represented as a vehicle tire/wheel. It touches alternately during certain intervals of time. When ever the wheel touches the ground, it will generate one peak. and the remaining is noise.

So, I am planning to reduce that noise by using any kind of technique ( either using averaging the points or filtering). We can use any kind of technique, but it should have same peak values, before and after using that technique.

The peak values should not vary. The curve should be like this ...../\......./\....../\....... After getting this curve. we have to see the base line of each cycle. here we need two values. first value should indicate the Y axis magnitude before starting the cycle, and the second value indicate the distance between that cycle peak and the first value (magnitude of Y axis, which is in between the proceeding cycle and the current cycle).

So, I think it is clear now with this explanation. after getting the peak values and the base values. we should print those values in the new excel sheet. In every ASCII file we have some data, which describes the project dates and all. they are 24lines in that. among them we need 20lines. So we should print those 20lines and these results (peak values and base values) in new EXCEL sheet after running the VI . The other thing is, if we keep the mouse near the waveform, it should tell the magnitude of both X and Y axis at that particular point.

Guest Avinashgogineni

Avinashgogineni,

Mark

Mark I am having some kind of problems in the code. i am attaching screen shot here. the number of peaks in the waveform in not indicated correctly.

post-17243-060689500 1282959533_thumb.pn

Guest Avinashgogineni

From the picture it looks like the peak threshold value is only recorded above .3. I don'thave access to the code right now but I think there is a threshold setting in the program that you can lower.

we should not change the threshold like that. It should automatically grab the 6 highest peaks in the data and to indicate them here. we have to delete that threshold settings. I am attaching the code here.

we should not change the threshold like that. It should automatically grab the 6 highest peaks in the data and to indicate them here. we have to delete that threshold settings. I am attaching the code here.

you can see the code in the above posts. I am unable to post the code, It is indicating like the file is too big to upload. you can download the file from my 8th post
Guest Avinashgogineni

I have to say that I hate PayPal. I simply will not put my personal information in their hands.

I would have resubscribed as a Premium member just now, but I need another method to make the contribution.

I don't know Whats happening here. In this forum 3days back I uploaded one VI. Mark asked me to upload the same VI. When I am doing that. The forum is not allowing me to upload any kind of files.

we should not change the threshold like that.

It should automatically grab the 6 highest peaks in the data and to indicate them here.

we have to delete that threshold settings. I am attaching the code here.

Is 6 peaks always the correct answer?

The original data that you sent me only had 5 relative large peaks.

post-584-059987200 1283178527_thumb.png

The threshold was designed to separate desired peaks from noise.

I look for 20 points above the threshold.

If I get 20 or more points above the threshold then it is defined as a spike.

If this doesn't work for you then you need to explain a better method.

post-584-077466000 1283180099_thumb.png

In the picture above we need to separate the noise spikes from the actual spikes.

as you can see there is only a .13 difference between the highest and lowest spike

and there is a .18 value difference between a noise spike and the lowest actual spike.

Anyone out there have a better way of separating the noise from the spikes?

Guest Avinashgogineni

Is 6 peaks always the correct answer?

The original data that you sent me only had 5 relative large peaks.

post-584-059987200 1283178527_thumb.png

The threshold was designed to separate desired peaks from noise.

I look for 20 points above the threshold.

If I get 20 or more points above the threshold then it is defined as a spike.

If this doesn't work for you then you need to explain a better method.

post-584-077466000 1283180099_thumb.png

In the picture above we need to separate the noise spikes from the actual spikes.

as you can see there is only a .13 difference between the highest and lowest spike

and there is a .18 value difference between a noise spike and the lowest actual spike.

Anyone out there have a better way of separating the noise from the spikes?

Hello Mark,

We have to find 6 highest values. They should be considered as the 6 peak values. Mark, is there any possibility of using filter method to get the neat curve?

post-584-008696100 1283228143_thumb.png

Avinashgogineni can you post the data file for this graph so I have it to work with?

Hello Mark,

We have to find 6 highest values. They should be considered as the 6 peak values. Mark, is there any possibility of using filter method to get the neat curve?

I still don't know exactly what a "neat curve" means.

It seems like you want a straight line for the data below the threshold.

So I will take all the data below the threshold and calculate its mean value

then replace each point with the mean value.

The result will look like this.

post-584-032775100 1283228027_thumb.png

6 Sigma analysis.Anything greater than +- 3 standard deviations from the mean (or in this case +3 STD).

Works well for these waveforms.

Thanks ShaunR I'll use this method to set the threshold.

Guest Avinashgogineni

post-584-008696100 1283228143_thumb.png

Avinashgogineni can you post the data file for this graph so I have it to work with?

I still don't know exactly what a "neat curve" means.

It seems like you want a straight line for the data below the threshold.

So I will take all the data below the threshold and calculate its mean value

then replace each point with the mean value.

The result will look like this.

post-584-032775100 1283228027_thumb.png

Thanks ShaunR I'll use this method to set the threshold.

Hello Mark, could you please attach this VI. So that I can check that one.

Guest Avinashgogineni

Version 2.0 8-31-2010.zip

Here is the latest it only does the values below the threshold differently.

Please send me a data file with 6 peaks so I can continue with the rest of the code.

I will PM you with my email address if you can't post it here.

That's better.. if you give your email address. I will send that to you.

Here is the newest version.

I want to get the data manipulation right before we put this code in a state machine and make it pretty.

The new code has the following additions.

Threshold is calculated by adding 3 Standard Deviations to the mean. (Thanks ShaunR)

the threshold is then set and values above are not changed and values below are replaced with the mean value

to make values below the threshold look flat or "neat" all of these values are averaged and replaced with the mean value.

All corrupt rows with bad time data are stripped from the array.

Let me know if the data looks the way you want it.

Mark

Version 2.1 9-4-2010.zip

Guest Avinashgogineni

I want to get the data manipulation right before we put this code in a state machine and make it pretty.

Threshold is calculated by adding 3 Standard Deviations to the mean. (Thanks ShaunR)

the threshold is then set and values above are not changed and values below are replaced with the mean value

to make values below the threshold look flat or "neat" all of these values are averaged and replaced with the mean value.

Mark

Version 2.1 9-4-2010.zip

Hello Mark, I have seen that file. It's really good. I want to discuss about one thing, that I am attaching one pic with this reply. We got the sharp edge at the base. Instead of that, do we have any chances of getting the curve as shown in the second attachment? and I want the following feature in my graph.

----> If we keep the cursor on the pulse, it should be able to show the pulse number, X co ordinate, Y coordinate. It should be same like a tool tip.

post-17243-043107600 1283967795_thumb.pn

post-17243-026949000 1283968323_thumb.pn

Guest Avinashgogineni

Hello Mark, I have seen that file. It's really good. I want to discuss about one thing, that I am attaching one pic with this reply. We got the sharp edge at the base. Instead of that, do we have any chances of getting the curve as shown in the second attachment? and I want the following feature in my graph.

----> If we keep the cursor on the pulse, it should be able to show the pulse number, X co ordinate, Y coordinate. It should be same like a tool tip.

Hello Mark Have you seen my attached link

Guest Avinashgogineni

Mark

Version 2.1 9-4-2010.zip

Hello mark,

Here I would like to explain clearly about the things, which I planned to implement in my project

1) here we have noise in the raw data, So we need to get the smooth curve by taking average method. In this method, we have to take the average of the points to draw the curve and I am attaching the file. I will help you to understand better.

2)The peaks of the pulse may or may not remain same and it may vary 2% from the original/raw data. It doesn't matter. In the previous VI you have shown the peaks and valleys. It's really good. In the same way, we need to indicate the peaks and valleys. After getting this peaks and valleys I would like to explore the data into an excel file. There we have to get the data of peaks, valleys and the difference between peaks and valleys. We should get the values before and after averaging the data. We should have an option to export the averaged data of all the columns in to an excel file. It should have one separate button in that cluster to do that

3) We are using "Browse for file" function to browse any ASCII file. But I would like to use directly from FILE ---> OPEN and it should run automatically for an instance of time, until we get the waveforms on the graph. After that it should stop running and we should be able to export the Excel file. I would like to use the cursor option here, When ever I drag my cursor on the pulse of the waveform. It should give the values of X and Y Coordinates along with the pulse number. ( for example, if we drag the cursor to third pulse, it should give the information about the X , Y coordinates and should be able to represent the pulse number as 3).

So, I hope that this post will make you to better understand about the things which I am looking for.

post-17243-030345600 1284569525_thumb.pn