How to adquire signals via Usb

Hello, i new in LAVA, and i would like some help.

My name is Leonardo and my problem is that i want to adquire signals ( signals in the case are some waveforms from a DSP) . The DSP is sending in information via a usb port.

And i don't have the hardware like usb 6008 ( from NI). My question is: how can I adquire these signals? DO existe some VIs to do this?I know that via serial port there VISA blocks to do this.

Via USB is there some of these blocks?

Thanks .

How is the DSP port recognized by the computer?

If it's emulating a serial port you can use the VISA functions for getting the data.

Otherwise you need to roll your own USB driver.

Ton

Ton

First the DSP was emulating a serial port, so i was able to get the data. But in serial comunications i would not be able to get the speed transfer rate that i would like for plot the data in real time.

SO the DSP its transfering the data for a MAX3420(USB peripheral controller chip) so the data the labview reads its the data the max3420 sends( USB).

Searching i got this http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4478 a document thata teaches how to make my own driver ..

After this can i use the visa functions?

Ton

First the DSP was emulating a serial port, so i was able to get the data. But in serial comunications i would not be able to get the speed transfer rate that i would like for plot the data in real time.

SO the DSP its transfering the data for a MAX3420(USB peripheral controller chip) so the data the labview reads its the data the max3420 sends( USB).

Searching i got this http://zone.ni.com/d...a/tut/p/id/4478 a document thata teaches how to make my own driver ..

After this can i use the visa functions?

I dont know, but I assume that the driver you create is not exposing itself as a VISA program.

I haven't done anything in this field the last decade so I can't help you any further for this specific issue.

Ton