dynamically resizing stacked plots (w/o Y scale)

Hi,

is there a way to change plot width in a chart with stacked plots, depending on visibility of Y scales and number of digits of scales _and_ without resizing width of the chart when all Y scales are invisible?

The problem: when all scales are invisible and the number of digits increases, the chart's width decreases and the scales move a little to the left.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Cheers,

Martin

• 3 weeks later...

I'm sorry for the late reply.

We had a disk crash and my last backup was two months old. ;-(

There was lot to do... ;-)

Thx for your hint.

I didn't want to disable autoscaling, but I gave it a try and inserted the lines

labview.EnableAutoScales=False

EnableAutoScales=False

into my ~/.labviewrc which should be the linux counterpart to labview.ini (?) and into

LabVIEW Data/app/style-test.ini.

In my new test VI (see style-test.vi) I'm trying to switch between YScale.Style 0, 2, and 5. As described in my previous post with another VI this also has the affect, that the scale starts to move to the left or right.

To see this effect you only have to toggle the modes a few times.

BTW, is there a list of "secret" labview.ini entries?

Thx in advance.

Cheers,

Martin

~/.labviewrc which should be the linux counterpart to labview.ini (?)
Correct.

You can still autoscale by twiddling the autoscale property programmatically so the user can probably enable and disable autoscale to trigger an autoscale. Instead you might need to monitor min/max over the chart yourself and set the max/min as needed.

BTW even though it reads EnableAutoScales it supposedly applies to that annoying resize problem. Unfortunately I cannot suggest anything else other than a workaround if it doesn't work.

Workaround: add your own markers instead of the labview ones. You can still use the ticks and position them at the middle, top and bottom of the graph axis. If you make the arbitrary markers have sufficient white space, perhaps this will force the graph to be stable (ie probably use a fixed width font) even when the style changes.

BTW, is there a list of "secret" labview.ini entries?

Please see the LabVIEW FAQ.