Confusion about installing an RCF plugin

I've downloaded a plugin for the right-click framework, but can't figure out how to install it. On the download page for the plugin it says:

This plugin is packaged for use with the JKI VIPM. Download the VIPM package, right click and select "Add To VIPM Library",

then select the "Add To Library & Install" button from the dialog that opens. You'll need to restart the JKI RCF to use the plugin.

I can't figure out how to have the VI Package Manager find the plugin so it can install it. It must be something obvious I'm missing.

George

You can double click the package file which will open the VIPM automatically also.

And asking the basic question, you are aware that VIPM is a different program that you have to install separate from LabVIEW?

Jason

Yep, I know about the VIPM. I have it loaded and have loaded some packages with it. When I downloaded this one package (rcf-plugin-align-terminal-labels) I put it on my desktop. It has no extension. If I double-click it, Windows asks what I want to use to open it. I had VIPM running when I did this.

George

Yep, I know about the VIPM. I have it loaded and have loaded some packages with it. When I downloaded this one package (rcf-plugin-align-terminal-labels) I put it on my desktop. It has no extension. If I double-click it, Windows asks what I want to use to open it. I had VIPM running when I did this.

George

When I download that file it has the extension *.vip, however I know some proxies/web browser can alter the extension of some files.

Just try to rename it to *.vip (it's not an OGP or ZIP file).

Ton