Can we get rid of the post preview buttons?

The latest upgrade added a post preview feature, but this feature is not something I intend to use and the repeated flashing on and off of the icon as I hover over the topics in the Unread Content page is annoying.

Is it possible to add an option to the control panel to disable this feature?

The latest upgrade added a post preview feature, but this feature is not something I intend to use and the repeated flashing on and off of the icon as I hover over the topics in the Unread Content page is annoying.

To be honest, I didn't even notice it until I read your post and went to Unread Content to see what you were talking about. On IE the effect is very subtle. What browser do you use?

If IE has any filtering stuff built-in you could just block that image.

It might have Adblock available as an add-on, but I never checked. I could probably check in FF, where I do have it installed.

Especially if you want to preview a post in the unread content list and you don't want the read status to be changed.

I rarely know that I don't want to change the read status in advance. The NI forums have an option of explictly marking a thread or a reply as unread, which I do use on occasion and wouldn't mind seeing here. What I do today in those cases is usually mail myself a link to the conversation.

How about if it was a static image always visible instead of popping on and off?

It would definitely be less annoying.

Maybe you can try closing your right eye? :)

But wouldn't that make me crash into walls?