LabVIEW + NXT Robot Chess

ooth

I agree that it's very cool, although when you look at the numbers shown under the videos the picture is not quite as bright (and I can't help but feeling that it would have been cooler if the pieces controlled their movement on their own by coordinating with each other rather than being controlled from a central location).

I agree that it's very cool, although when you look at the numbers shown under the videos the picture is not quite as bright (and I can't help but feeling that it would have been cooler if the pieces controlled their movement on their own by coordinating with each other rather than being controlled from a central location).

It would be cooler if the pieces could jump each other (e.g. Knight).

I would like to also see an impressive KO when a piece is taken :)

Super cool!

I've been looking for some ideas for all NXT bricks we've got sitting around here. (...I'm pretty sure most of them still work)

I thought about a Rube Goldburg-ish crazy coffee roaster, grinder, brewer. ( I love my java! ) But then the boss got a superdooper machine for the office. It doesn't roast.....but I'm not sure everyone would appreciate that. Considering I like a very dark roast, I think the smoke in the hall might become a problem.

Maybe some kinda battle bots that are supposed to have pieces fly off etc? Lego pieces only....and no glue! See how tough you can build one.

I would like to also see an impressive KO when a piece is taken :)

Sounds like Battle Chess (and this bit include the Python reference):

<object height="385" width="480"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>
  • Like 1