Any hints for CLAD preparation

Hello Lava fellows,

I gonna take the CLAD test at the end of July. Frankly speaking, I was quite confident to pass the exam since I have worked on Labview around 1 and half years. But my CLAD sample exam resulted not so good, only 70% correct. So it seems practice expereinces are slightly different from what NI prefer you to understand in CLAD exam.

I guess I have to get more practice by taking more CLAD sample exams.

Could anyone be nice to provide some hints or resources for my preparation?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Edited by Mars Su

Hello Lava fellows,

I gonna take the CLAD test at the end of July. Frankly speaking, I was quite confident to pass the exam since I have worked on Labview around 1 and half years. But my CLAD sample exam resulted not so good, only 70% correct. So it seems practice expereinces are slightly different from what NI prefer you to understand in CLAD exam.

I guess I have to get more practice by taking more CLAD sample exams.

Could anyone be nice to provide some hints or resources for my preparation?

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Hi Mars

The best resources will be on NI.com including the webcast.

Also if you have Basics/Core I/II manuals you can get your hands on, they would be worth a read.

If not, I agree and suggest you keep sitting Sample Exams until you happy.

Good luck

Thank you jgcode.

No probs.

I would also suggest, if you have not done so already, spending a little bit at data socket, shared variables and FP binding.

I didn't think this was in the CLAD or hadn't seen it in the sample exams and got whacked with 3-4 questions on it back when I took it. yes.gif

Just don't skip over it like I did.

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.

Planning to take CLAD in september.I'm not using labview in regular practise. Just practising myself at home with small VIs.

For preparation i'm reading Labview user manuals and 'labview for everyone' 3rd edition book.

Can somebody please guide that for CLAD do I also need to do the advance topics like DAQ, signal analysis,VISA n all.

I have done all the basics topics but little bit confused about these topics.

Thanks,

Hi,

LabVIEW for everyone has all the material you need. You have to study the first 9 chapters, then you can read chapter 13. The other chapters are worth a read but aren't necessary. learning from that book, I found the CLAD exam pretty easy. (I also took the 2 sample exams you can find on ni.com)

Regards

No probs.

I would also suggest, if you have not done so already, spending a little bit at data socket, shared variables and FP binding.

I didn't think this was in the CLAD or hadn't seen it in the sample exams and got whacked with 3-4 questions on it back when I took it. yes.gif

Just don't skip over it like I did.

I took the CLAD in 2009 and there wasn't anything regarding these topics. Perhaps they have changed it since you took it? I was working for NI at the time and had a pretty good grasp of what would be on the exam :cool: