TestStand deployment problem.

Winther

Hi.

We have created a TestStand sequence using mainly labview vi code modules. The test sequence is complete and is running as it should in the sequence editor.

After I used the Deploument Tool to build an image which could be moved a production PC, something went wrong. The test sequence will still start and it seems to run fine, but the execution is extremely slow!

It doesn''t matter if I run on the production PC or on my computer (where the sequence was created). I can run the sequence from the development location, and everything is ok, I then close the sequence and load it from the location created by the Deployment Tool and it runs slowly...

It is not because the tracing speed is set to slow, and it seems to be the vi''s themselves that are executing slowly. Almost as if the "Highlight Execution" is on.

Any idea what is going on...?

Best regards

Stephan.

Hi.

We have created a TestStand sequence using mainly labview vi code modules. The test sequence is complete and is running as it should in the sequence editor.

After I used the Deploument Tool to build an image which could be moved a production PC, something went wrong. The test sequence will still start and it seems to run fine, but the execution is extremely slow!

It doesn''t matter if I run on the production PC or on my computer (where the sequence was created). I can run the sequence from the development location, and everything is ok, I then close the sequence and load it from the location created by the Deployment Tool and it runs slowly...

It is not because the tracing speed is set to slow, and it seems to be the vi''s themselves that are executing slowly. Almost as if the "Highlight Execution" is on.

Any idea what is going on...?

Best regards

Stephan.

Try turning "Trace Execution" off altogether. I know you say that your "Trace Execution" is not set to slow, but this phenomina existed on even the earliest versions when the speed option wasn't available.

Try turning "Trace Execution" off altogether. I know you say that your "Trace Execution" is not set to slow, but this phenomina existed on even the earliest versions when the speed option wasn't available.

I have tried that and it did not change anything. There does not seem to be a delay between the steps, it is more like the Labview modules are executing in slowmotion.

After more testing it seems that the problem starts, when the sequence reaches steps that uses GPIB and COM port communication.

But why is it only after deployment that these steps slow down...

What happens during deployment other that copying files and updating links?

• 2 months later...

After more testing it seems that the problem starts, when the sequence reaches steps that uses GPIB and COM port communication.

But why is it only after deployment that these steps slow down...

What happens during deployment other that copying files and updating links?

This sound strange. But how is your file struck, and does Teststand need to look for many files in different directory.

I found out that my deployment was slow due to that I searched trough the hole program files looking for my VI's