Allow user to specify location of "LabVIEW Data" folder

So, I've been working at home today, and LabVIEW has been an absolute slug of a beast when connected to my VPN. I think I tracked it down that it's because NI insists on keeping the LabVIEW Data location in the document root. If I disconnect from my VPN, LabVIEW runs like a champ, but as soon as I'm connected (meaning I'm no longer working off a local cached version of my documents, but a live remote version), LabVIEW freezes up for a split second every five seconds or so. If something large is being serialized, the IDE can freeze for up to the better half of a minute at a time. It's absolutely infuriating.

This results in a painful development process. I must disconnect my VPN all the time so I can use the IDE. But then I must reconnect so I can commit changes, etc, then disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, ad nauseum.

I mean really? Who stores information like that in the document root anyways? Why can't I put LabVIEW Data somewhere off my user root, like I don't know, in the LOCAL applications settings, which is where it should be anyways?

So, I've been working at home today, and LabVIEW has been an absolute slug of a beast when connected to my VPN. I think I tracked it down that it's because NI insists on keeping the LabVIEW Data location in the document root. If I disconnect from my VPN, LabVIEW runs like a champ, but as soon as I'm connected (meaning I'm no longer working off a local cached version of my documents, but a live remote version), LabVIEW freezes up for a split second every five seconds or so. If something large is being serialized, the IDE can freeze for up to the better half of a minute at a time. It's absolutely infuriating.

This results in a painful development process. I must disconnect my VPN all the time so I can use the IDE. But then I must reconnect so I can commit changes, etc, then disconnect, reconnect, disconnect, ad nauseum.

I mean really? Who stores information like that in the document root anyways? Why can't I put LabVIEW Data somewhere off my user root, like I don't know, in the LOCAL applications settings, which is where it should be anyways?

You should be able to adjust this in the options, as shown in the screenshot, below:

post-17-083022300 1278892441_thumb.png

Cheers,

• Like 1