Excel Macro question

Hello,

I have an interesting feature request that I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I am acquiring data using LabVIEW and storing the data into excel. I have an excel template that I am copying and I am populating the data into the excel template. This works great!

My customer wants the excel template to contain a macro that filters the data.

The data filter algorithim would act like a trigger.

The algorithim would look at a user specified channel until it found a trigger value (i.e. number greater than 2). Once it found that value the algorithim would hide the excel rows from time 0 to time x (x being the trigger value).

Is there a library of excel macro's that might have something similar to the functionality described? Would this be difficult to develop an excel macro to do what I described.

Thanks

Dan

OK I think I figured out a cool solution.

I recorded a macro using excel's filter capability.

1. I recorded a macro in excel and named it Trigger

2. Using excel's filter function I selected the column of data I wanted and set up the filter parameters (i.e. number greater than 1).

3. Saved the template with the recorded macro

4. In my LabVIEW program after I copy the template and populate the data I can run the excel macro "Trigger" from LabVIEW.

This looks like it works great.