Modifying LabVIEW Menus (Not Run-Time)

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make some modifications to the project explorer menu items, specifically when you right-click on an item (e.g. Right-click -> Make VI a Template, bad example but you get the picture). Is there a way to modify these (and other) menu items in LabVIEW; and more importantly that modify, make them usable?

Thanks,

Adam

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make some modifications to the project explorer menu items, specifically when you right-click on an item (e.g. Right-click -> Make VI a Template, bad example but you get the picture). Is there a way to modify these (and other) menu items in LabVIEW; and more importantly that modify, make them usable?

Thanks,

Adam

As of today, I know only of the Right-Click Framework from JKI to do that in the development environment.

Don't know if NI plans something for the future. It's been a feature request for some time now. The RCF certainly does the job and you can customize it to your will.

As of today, I know only of the Right-Click Framework from JKI to do that in the development environment.

Don't know if NI plans something for the future. It's been a feature request for some time now. The RCF certainly does the job and you can customize it to your will.

The RCF had to be built somehow. But, more-so, I'm looking more for a way to interact with the LabVIEW menus; right-click was the way to bring up the menu.

Two companies I know of thus far, have LabVIEW Project integration as part of their products.

There is a way (maybe still in beta?), but its definately not public.

I've seen this. In fact, I've gone so far as to put my registry export AND the entire C:\program files\NI folder under source control, install updates and then check for changes, no luck.

It has to be possible.

Alright, I figured it out if anyone is interested.

You just have to create a VI, "Action.vi" and a text file "Action.txt" and drop it in the "project" folder if you want it put there.

The display of the menu item is just the contents of the txt file. If you want to create a sub-menu, just create a folder and follow the same directions as above.

You just have to create a VI, "Action.vi" and a text file "Action.txt" and drop it in the "project" folder if you want it put there.

The display of the menu item is just the contents of the txt file. If you want to create a sub-menu, just create a folder and follow the same directions as above.

specifically when you right-click on an item

Sorry I didn't understand what you meant. I was under the impression you wanted to edit the LabVIEW right -click menus just like it was a .mnu file.

You can do the same as you stated above for other menus too (File, Help & Tools). See the wiki page here.

Sorry I didn't understand what you meant. I was under the impression you wanted to edit the LabVIEW menus just like it was a .mnu file.

You can do the same as you stated above for other menus too (File, Help & Tools). See the wiki page here.

There's also this

http://decibel.ni.co...t/docs/DOC-8496

Edit: stupid fonts

Sorry I didn't understand what you meant. I was under the impression you wanted to edit the LabVIEW right -click menus just like it was a .mnu file.

François,

Ah, sorry, didn't see your second quote. I guess I'm still looking for that, I figured one would lead to the other, but I don't think that's the case. I was looking to integrate a dev tool into the project explorer when you right-click on a VI.

Edited by NelsonUWP

The 'Project' folder (<LabVIEW>\project) relates to the Tools menu, not to integration with items in the LabVIEW Project Explorer.

Or am I missing something?

The 'Project' folder (<LabVIEW>\project) relates to the Tools menu, not to integration with items in the LabVIEW Project Explorer.

Or am I missing something?

No, you are correct. It was a 2 part question. 1) LabVIEW dev env. menus. Check and 2) Project Explorer context menus. Uncheck