LabVIEW 2010 is Live!

Oh boy, been wanting these two for ages:

New Cluster Constant

After defining the elements in a cluster constant, right-click on it to replace it with a small icon on your block diagram to clear up space and improve code readability.

Save VIs Without Compiled Code

Simplify source code management by separating the compiled objects from the actual LabVIEW source code.

Can I get a hellyeah?

The new merge error node is pretty awesome too. I think this is my favorite NI week since the introduction of Objects. Also very curious about the Network Streams API, but there seems to be a few 404s on that page...

52290 4ALFRHGA Item dropping inside of structure even though pasting outside

I'm hoping this means that a copied item doesn't just end up in the middle of the screen regardless of where you click on the BD to paste it. That is always annoying and occasionally difficult to recover from.

New Cluster Constant

I've needed this so often and for so long I've become quite the expert in making my own.

I hope NI ships 2010 without the need later for a costly "Service Pack". :angry:

Regardless, I just started using 2009 a month ago. It's been out for a year. Long enough for me to feel comfortable using it to write code for customers.

The new VI Scripting palette adds a shortcut to the Traverse for GObjects.

post-10515-047382000 1280488734_thumb.pn

It's nice they put that on the palette but I've been using it for a while, it's one of those nuggests in the Vi.lib that most people don't know about.

EDIT: Oh and max undo set to 99, again a feature some people would do them selves.

I also saw something about TDMS API improvements but didn't see any examples, can anyone elaborate?

It's nice they put that on the palette but I've been using it for a while, it's one of those nuggests in the Vi.lib that most people don't know about.

Yes, in the Utility folder... having them at hand without the need to put a link manually in the palette is great.

post-11742-021111800 1280500144_thumb.pn

Is it me or it's the only LVOOP goodie this year?

Yes, in the Utility folder... having them at hand without the need to put a link manually in the palette is great.

Is it me or it's the only LVOOP goodie this year?

This one applies to all Libraries, but I will get the most use for it with Classes:

There is a persistent virtual-folder (and Library) organisation feature that remembers how you like your items organised!

So when you add a new item it all synch'd.

I love that one.

I don't see much of a need for invoke nodes since they can't be piled up one a top of another. Properties are nice since a chain of many accessor VIs can be collapsed into a single node.

I wonder if inlining a VI which is also a property works as expected though?

I don't see much of a need for invoke nodes since they can't be piled up one a top of another. Properties are nice since a chain of many accessor VIs can be collapsed into a single node.

But the other side is, that I would prefer it for the ability to wire a DVR straight to it.