Upgrading WINUTIL.LLB + Child Window Handler.vi to 64-bit

Hi LAVA members -

I have some windows utilities that I am sure others here have used (and maybe even were responsible for developing). These include the LVWUtil32 libraries (primarily the WINUTIL.LLB). See:

http://sine.ni.com/d...a/epd/p/id/4935

and a 'child window handler.vi' that have served me extremely well over the years in 32-bit applications.

I have to upgrade one application to 64-bit using 64-bit LabVIEW. These utilities will not work of course without being modified and recompiled for 64-bit. VI Server functions cannot replace or address all of the versatility of these functions. See:

http://forums.ni.com...ht/false/page/2

Has anyone considered upgrading these utilities for 64-bit application? Is anyone interested in doing this and iterating with me so I can validate in my application and we can supply an 'OpenG' type library to the community?

Thanks,

Don

Hi,

I can't help much about converting the above tools to 64bit, but this is a copy and paste of a note from that very web-page that you posted.

"The abilities of the VI Server supersede the functionality of the VIs. National Instruments recommends that you use the VI Server functionality for new applications. Implement calls that the VI Server does not support through the Windows API directly by using a Call Library Function node in a more recent version of LabVIEW."

Would porting your code to use native LabVIEW functions be possible? That would be my first option to investigate.

Mike