need guidance for preparing user friendly VI

Guest Avinashgogineni

Guest Avinashgogineni

Hi, I am Avinash Gogineni. I need some one help in modifying VI. If we click on the Graph, it should enlarge (increase the size of the vi. how can i do that? please help me in that

I'm almost afraid to answer this...

It depends on what else is on your FP and what you're really trying to do. Are there multiple controls on the FP? How big do you want it to be expanded? Do you just want a mechanism to make the graph bigger??

In the simplest case, if there's only the 1 graph on it, then right-click on the graph, select "Scale Object with Pane". Then any changes to the FP size will also change the graph.

If there are multple graph/controls, it becomes more difficult. Why don't you post a picture of your FP before and after resizing so we can get a better idea of where you're heading with this.

Guest Avinashgogineni

I'm almost afraid to answer this...

It depends on what else is on your FP and what you're really trying to do. Are there multiple controls on the FP? How big do you want it to be expanded? Do you just want a mechanism to make the graph bigger??

In the simplest case, if there's only the 1 graph on it, then right-click on the graph, select "Scale Object with Pane". Then any changes to the FP size will also change the graph.

If there are multple graph/controls, it becomes more difficult. Why don't you post a picture of your FP before and after resizing so we can get a better idea of where you're heading with this.

Hey Its working... but how to get back the original graph?

Hey Its working... but how to get back the original graph?

hi I am attaching the file, But its really hard for this kind of multiple graphs. How can we do that?

Presentation1.ppt

Guest Avinashgogineni

Okay I knew I remembered seeing an example of this. If you look in the NI Developer Zone there is a LV7.1 example for how to do the very thing your asking about. Here is the link to the Example Program. I bet this will really go a long way to answering your questions.

Jason

I couldn't see the examples in the link you provided.

Avinash,

Here is an example that might help you, it provides an area on your GUI to enlarge the graph and you can select from different graphs:

http://decibel.ni.co...t/docs/DOC-9501

Fab

Okay I knew I remembered seeing an example of this. If you look in the NI Developer Zone there is a LV7.1 example for how to do the very thing your asking about. Here is the link to the Example Program. I bet this will really go a long way to answering your questions.

Jason

Jason,

That is an example for LabWindows CVI 7.1 oops.gif

Guest Avinashgogineni

Avinash,

Here is an example that might help you, it provides an area on your GUI to enlarge the graph and you can select from different graphs:

http://decibel.ni.co...t/docs/DOC-9501

Fab

Jason,

That is an example for LabWindows CVI 7.1 oops.gif

It is really good, But Mine is not like individual graphs. They are like clusters. as shown above presentation attached file.

Guest Avinashgogineni

It is really good, But Mine is not like individual graphs. They are like clusters. as shown above presentation attached file.

Hey I am Really sorry for confusing you... I want to zoom the waveform in the graph........

Hey I am Really sorry for confusing you... I want to zoom the waveform in the graph........

That is a lot easier, right click on the graph>>visible items>>Graph Palette

Then just click on the magnifying glass button to select what type of zoom tool you want to use. To turn the zooming off, click on the button at the left of the magnifying glass.

Fab