Post NIWeek TYs

Cat

NIWeek was great! The hours are long (even for those of us who beg out on the post-post party partying :P ) but worth it. It was a little slice of heaven to talk LabVIEW over BBQ and margaritas with people who know as much, and in most cases, even more about it than I do. The LAVA BBQ was lots of fun. Meeting those of you who have just been names on my computer screen for so many years was awesome. Thanks to all of you who put that together.

I want to send a special thank you to a few people. First of all, thanks to François, Jon (jgcode), and Mark for letting me tag along with you practically everywhere. Of course it meant I couldn't hide in the back of the room during the sessions like I would usually do, but that was a Good Thing! Second, thanks to the Chick Posse, Nancy, Crystal, and Lisa (and Norm! :P ) for including me in the girl stuff. It's great to know there are other LV girl geeks out there!

I have only two regrets:

1) Michael was about to reveal all the intimate secrets of using LVOOP for TCP messaging when I had to head back to the hotel

2) I never did get that used napkin from Yair

Oh well, maybe the Geek Gods will smile upon me again next year and I'll be at NIWeek 2011.

Thanks again, all, y'all!

Cat

Ya, you just vanished. Wasn't sure what happened there. Did you get a ride in Norm's chick-mobile? We had to walk all the way back.

Sorry about that, I waved to Francois as I was going out the door, but everyone was milling about at that point so I don't think he saw me.

No ride for me. I walked back with Mark and his girls. I figured you would be heading out with the Party Group or I would have definitely stuck around and continued our conversation.

Of course it meant I couldn't hide in the back of the room during the sessions like I would usually do

Haha! And why would you want to do that? ;)

Of course you couldn't have got more up front to the room than Norm did when he was pulling faces in front of the main camera (hilarious)

I think Ed got a good photo of it - has it been posted anywhere? I was classic.

Haha! And why would you want to do that? ;)

Of course you couldn't have got more up front to the room than Norm did when he was pulling faces in front of the main camera (hilarious)

I think Ed got a good photo of it - has it been posted anywhere? I was classic.

It's been in the gallery for a few days now.

Although the gallery is not as full as usual. Guess Michael hasn't had time to upload all his stuff yet...

I want to send a special thank you to a few people. First of all, thanks to François, Jon (jgcode), and Mark for letting me tag along with you practically everywhere.

Sure was cool to have you around. I still don't have a clear picture of what a cow-orker looks like though. :P

Cat,

I really wanted to meet you. I kept asking all the girls if they were Cat, how could I miss you at the BBQ??? Also, too bad that you left earlier, I gave a ride to the "Chick Posse" after the BBQ... oh well, hopefully we will meet next NI Week.

Fab

• 4 weeks later...

I really wanted to meet you. I kept asking all the girls if they were Cat, how could I miss you at the BBQ??? Also, too bad that you left earlier, I gave a ride to the "Chick Posse" after the BBQ... oh well, hopefully we will meet next NI Week.

Ack! Not sure how I missed this post, sorry.

There weren't that many of us girls, so you'd think we would have run into each other at some point. :(

At my current rate of NIWeek attendance, I should be back in 2025. See you then! :P

Cat. Ack. Now I know what you look like!

That's what I *would* have looked like if I would have joined in the post-post party partying. :D

Now that I know what to expect, hopefully when the next NIWeek rolls around that I can attend, I will be in better shape. :)