Call by reference - which error in to use?

When using a Call By Reference node there's an error in/out cluster on the node itself. Also there can be an error in/out cluster on the VI that's called. Should I use both error clusters or is the one on the node kind of superfluous? Or is there a way to get the error cluster from the node into the VI referred to by the reference node?

George

I normally merge the VI's error with the node's error (with the node's error taking priority) - after all, they both are differnt things: the node's error relates to being able to call the particular VI specified, whereas the VI's error depends on the inner workings of the VI being called.

I normally merge the VI's error with the node's error (with the node's error taking priority) - after all, they both are differnt things: the node's error relates to being able to call the particular VI specified, whereas the VI's error depends on the inner workings of the VI being called.

I agree, if the node generates an error the outputs of the called VI should probably be discarded anyway.

/J