[CR] Windows API

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=148

Name: Windows API

Submitter: ShaunR

Submitted: 09 Sep 2010

File Updated: 03 Jan 2011

Category: General

LabVIEW Version: 2009

License Type: Other (included with download)

Windows API Utilities.

An eclectic set of wrapper VIs around some windows API functions.

I wrote these many years ago (1998? wow!) but have used them to some extent in virtually all my windows programs.

I've included all the original functions (accidentally re-compiled under LV 9.0) and just wrapped them up in a project and added the LAVA required stuff so your getting them "warts 'n all".

Many functions have been superseded by LabView functions and I expect many people already have their own.

But there are still some gems I couldn't do without and maybe someone will find them useful.

Installation:

Unzip to a directory of your choice.

Required Packages:

Labview 9.0 or greater

Windows XP or greater (may work on earlier versions)

Known Issues.

None.

Versioning:

Current version 1.0.

Click here to download this file

• Like 1

Dude - where were you yesterday when I spent all day mangling c# code to produce a .net assembly that would set timeadjustment priviledges.

Nice, library though...thanks for sharing.

Probably posting on here :P

Glad there was something useful.

Edited by ShaunR
  • 5 months later...

Hi,

Thank you for this useful library/API.

You may want to change the representation of numeric indicators in "GetDiskFreeSpace.vi" from U-32 to U-64 as if the size of available free space is more than 4 GB, there will be overflow error.

Apart from this, I've a doubt, when I opened the project, in the "Files View", it shows that the all dll files (dependencies) are in D:\ drive... but actually there is nothing in D:\ drive.. refer the picture (attached).

Regards.

post-21202-0-19989900-1298442256_thumb.p

Hi,

Thank you for this useful library/API.

You may want to change the representation of numeric indicators in "GetDiskFreeSpace.vi" from U-32 to U-64 as if the size of available free space is more than 4 GB, there will be overflow error.

Apart from this, I've a doubt, when I opened the project, in the "Files View", it shows that the all dll files (dependencies) are in D:\ drive... but actually there is nothing in D:\ drive.. refer the picture (attached).

Regards.

I'll make a note and update the indicators- if/when I revisit them. As I say in the description, they were written in 1998 (many years before x64) and you are getting them "warts-'an-all".

If you collapse the directory structure you will see that the windows DLLs are in the Root.. They are automagically added to the dependency tree by the project manager.