Read Device manager

• 2 weeks later...

I want for example to read the name and "Hardware Id" of Disk drive (as viewed in attached picture)

Thanks

Hi,

just some thoughts: you could google on visual basic scripts (VBS) and getting device manager info.

There are some objects (activeX) available in a standard windows installation which are commonly used in windows scripts to retrieve this type of information. I have read threads about getting installed software information, managing services, or getting users and groups information. It certainly allows looking at the info found in the device manager.

It is called Windows Management Interface (WMI).

Since it is activeX, you should be able to "translate" examples found for VBS into G code.

I hope it helps getting in the right direction.

Cheers.

Hi,

just some thoughts: you could google on visual basic scripts (VBS) and getting device manager info.

There are some objects (activeX) available in a standard windows installation which are commonly used in windows scripts to retrieve this type of information. I have read threads about getting installed software information, managing services, or getting users and groups information. It certainly allows looking at the info found in the device manager.

It is called Windows Management Interface (WMI).

Since it is activeX, you should be able to "translate" examples found for VBS into G code.

I hope it helps getting in the right direction.

Cheers.

Thanks, I will try it.

Thanks to everyone for the help