Priority for IPEs blocked on DVR references

Is there any priority logic that gets applied to tasks that are blocked on a DVR refnum at an in place element structure?

That is, consider two tasks which are both blocked while waiting for a refnum to become available. Is there any way to know which will be allowed to operate first? Does the priority of the containing VI affect this decision at all? Does the order in which the tasks blocked influence which will be signaled first? What about the phase of the moon?

Is there any priority logic that gets applied to tasks that are blocked on a DVR refnum at an in place element structure?

That is, consider two tasks which are both blocked while waiting for a refnum to become available. Is there any way to know which will be allowed to operate first? Does the priority of the containing VI affect this decision at all? Does the order in which the tasks blocked influence which will be signaled first? What about the phase of the moon?

I bet it's the order that they arrive at the IPE structure. I really really doubt that VI priority plays any role. For instance, I know for a fact that VI priority does not seem to play a role for queues when two Dequeue operations are competing for the same queue reference. Granted, DVRs may be a little different, but I doubt they're that different.

• 2 weeks later...

Yair is correct; actually, all the responses look good. :thumbup1: